1. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Nov '10 02:32
    Originally posted by RevRSleeker
    That's great...I shall throw up a 'little pretty' in my own profile then, perhaps more folk would challenge me rofl.
    when i reach 1800 i am coming to getcha!
  2. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    27 Nov '10 02:49
    That's great...I shall throw up a 'little pretty' in my own profile then, perhaps more folk would challenge me rofl.
    It worked for me 😛
  3. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    27 Nov '10 02:50
    Challenge Accepted 🙂 I shall throw up that little 'mariska' and lie in wait for you...like a LION on a wilderbeast, there shall be no mercy 😛
  4. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    27 Nov '10 02:51
    Originally posted by adramforall
    It worked for me 😛
    Exceptional, is that real or 'enhanced' 😉
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Nov '10 02:56
    Challenge Accepted 🙂 I shall throw up that little 'mariska' and lie in wait for you...like a LION on a wilderbeast, there shall be no mercy 😛
    your mine woman! resistance is futile! 😛
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '07
    Moves
    27 Nov '10 03:071 edit
    Originally posted by Thabtos
    That person writes like a male, linguistically speaking. Females are prone to use passive voice much more when writing, and judging from her forum posts, Mariska Angela almost always used active voice.
    I'll defend Mariska Angela, a little bit on this one. Other sources on the internet clearly indicate she's a girl.
  7. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    27 Nov '10 03:15
    Originally posted by Erekose
    I'll defend Mariska Angela, a little bit on this one. Other sources on the internet clearly indicate she's a girl.
    Depends where you go, various sites have had a 'mariska angela'...wish she'd just come on here and give me that usual excessive use of 'verbal ornamentation' 😉
  8. Joined
    24 May '08
    Moves
    27 Nov '10 03:29
    http://www.chess.com/members/view/Mariska-Angela
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '07
    Moves
    27 Nov '10 03:32
    Depends where you go, various sites have had a 'mariska angela'...wish she'd just come on here and give me that usual excessive use of 'verbal ornamentation' 😉
    Yeah - surprisingly enough, there actually appear to be two Mariska Angela's which have played on chess sites. The admins here are pretty sensitive about giving away personal information, even that which is publically available, so I'll not give any details, but you can find information (on non-chess sites that are known to frown on aliases) on two Mariska Angelas that play chess (and I'm pretty sure they are different people).
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '07
    Moves
    27 Nov '10 03:33
    Originally posted by Zygalski
    That's the other one...
  11. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    27 Nov '10 03:35
    Yaaa...happily, I'd say it's not one and the same. That was a Belgiun girl, I think, from memory...there were various fotos of that mariska available last year BUT this is another aspect of the debate here, the 'alluring mariska' fotos and just who were they AND whether the 'RHP mariska' was indeed female lol.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '07
    Moves
    27 Nov '10 03:43
    Yaaa...happily, I'd say it's not one and the same. That was a Belgiun girl, I think, from memory...there were various fotos of that mariska available last year BUT this is another aspect of the debate here, the 'alluring mariska' fotos and just who were they AND whether the 'RHP mariska' was indeed female lol.
    Yeah, the chess.com's Mariska Angela is most likely Belgian Mariska Angela Brouwer. If you look hard, you can find that she was at one time a member of the Belgian correspondance chess association or whatever its called.
  13. Joined
    24 May '08
    Moves
    27 Nov '10 04:05
    Yeah don't ask me why but I remember the various photos on the chess.com Mariska Angela account & they were all of this blonde:
    http://www.facebook.com/mariska.a.brouwer
    whereas
    User 520255 also has a facebook account with a different surname.
  14. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    27 Nov '10 04:121 edit
    whereas
    User 520255 also has a facebook account with a different surname.
    She does...with a degree of certainty ?
  15. Joined
    24 May '08
    Moves
    27 Nov '10 04:26
    You can tell immediately that the brunette in the RHP Mariska Angela account also has a facebook account with the same person in the profile photo.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree