Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

  1. 09 Mar '07 16:27
    In top level tourneys - it worked here -

    http://www.chessbase.com/newsdetail.asp?newsid=3717
  2. 09 Mar '07 16:37
    Originally posted by cmsMaster
    In top level tourneys - it worked here -

    http://www.chessbase.com/newsdetail.asp?newsid=3717
    I like the new look of the site and the game where they have the clock 10 feet from the board.
  3. 09 Mar '07 16:38
    The "no draw offer until move 31" rule seems reasonable.

    Also, what's the point of Condi Chess? To combine the love of chess with the love of shuttle runs and sprints? I'd rather do Boxing Chess.

    How about this: your opponent has to do pushups, situps, and pullups while it is your turn. We can call it "Presidential Fitness Chess".
  4. 09 Mar '07 16:49
    I really like the new draw rule. There are too many instances where two GMs are playing in a tourney and agree to a draw early since they can both stay ahead of the pack with the 1/2 point.
  5. Standard member Diet Coke
    Forum Vampire
  6. 09 Mar '07 18:54
    That condi chess looks hilarious. Would love to see a video of that in action.
  7. 09 Mar '07 19:44
    Originally posted by UndeadNightOrc
    That condi chess looks hilarious. Would love to see a video of that in action.
    Especially if it's 5:00 blitz...
  8. 09 Mar '07 23:32
    Originally posted by zebano
    I like the new look of the site and the game where they have the clock 10 feet from the board.
    Imagine being under time pressure... you make your move, run to your clock, breathlessly return while your opponent is doing the same thing... a good workout!