1. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    31 Oct '06 08:29
    October is about to end. Perhaps it is time to honor the most active member of RHP this month.

The most active member this month is (*tada*) Helden who has made over 20 thousands moves during October only !!!

What does this say? We do some math (approximate math):
    20 000 moves on 30 days is 666 (no, this is not a posting in Spirituality Forum) a day.
    Let's say further that he is in front of his computer 16 hours a day (he has, more or less willingly, to sleep sometimes) meaning that he's doing, constantly, 40 moves an hour, one move every 90 seconds, during his entire month of which he is awake.

This is certainly a man that has dedicated his life to chess! An astounding achievement!
  2. Argentina
    Moves
    31 Oct '06 08:49
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    October is about to end. Perhaps it is time to honor the most active member of RHP this month.

The most active member this month is (*tada*) [b]Helden
    who has made over 20 thousands moves during October only !!!

20 000 moves on 30 days is 666 (no, this is not a posting in Spiritual ...[text shortened]... e.

This is certainly a man that has dedicated his life to chess! An astounding achievement![/b]
    This "achievement" makes me feel sorry.
    No ofense intended.

- J
  3. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    31 Oct '06 10:062 edits
    Originally posted by FabianFnas

The most active member this month is (*tada*) [b]Helden
    who has made over 20 thousands moves during October only !!!

20 000 moves on 30 days is 666 (no, this is not a posting in Spiritual e.

This is certainly a man that has dedicated his life to chess! An astounding achievement![/b]
    Could this be why his rating is only 1241?

Perhaps if he slowed down and spent that much time studying chess rather than playing blitz he would be a GM in no time.

Edit: But what sort of sad person has so little to do that he has to spend time doing this maths and posting in this thread?

Edit 2: This sad person did more Maths. Helden has made 345714 moves in 27 months since joining, an average of 12804 moves every month, 421 moves every day, 18 moves every hour 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 52 weeks a year. He won't read this, of course, he has no spare time to read forums, no time to sleep, eat or have sex, no time to work or even go out and collect his dole money. Is he human? [i]Debate please[i]
  4. Standard memberJohn of Reading
    Scotch addict
    Moves
    31 Oct '06 10:44
    Originally posted by Dragon Fire
    Is he human?
    Helden's forum posts pass the Turing test, surely?
  5. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    31 Oct '06 10:58
    Originally posted by John of Reading
    Helden's forum posts pass the Turing test, surely?
    Good grief. He has actually made some forum posts. when did he find the time?
  6. Standard membermipmcpt
    manchester clan
    manchester
    Moves
    31 Oct '06 11:10
    Amazing!!! He must have an ocd process
  7. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    31 Oct '06 11:49
    All he has to do is take 10 seconds over each move and he can get through the 650 odd moves he needs to make to keep up in just over an hour. I agonize for ages over moves so I quite admire his ability just to make the first move that occurs and not worry.
  8. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    31 Oct '06 12:09
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    All he has to do is take 10 seconds over each move and he can get through the 650 odd moves he needs to make to keep up in just over an hour. I agonize for ages over moves so I quite admire his ability just to make the first move that occurs and not worry.
    666 moves would take 2 hours even at 10 seconds a move, every move!
  9. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    31 Oct '06 12:32
    666 moves would take 2 hours even at 10 seconds a move, every move!
    Ok then 5 seconds per move, I didn't check my arithmetic. The point is that he can get through his games and have a life outside RHP, and he makes decisions quickly. His rating indicates that they aren't always the right ones, but I don't think that he deserves to have speculation about his personal life posted in the forum's soley because he plays a lot of games.
  10. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    31 Oct '06 12:551 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

11. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    31 Oct '06 13:08
    Originally posted by Sicilian Smaug
    From my point of view it's not such a brilliant achievement. If Helden wants to play so many games that's his choice but no pats on the back from me. Taking the time to play well thought out clever moves, worthy of other people's enjoyment is what deserves more praise.
    Doubtlessly so, but nevertheless he doesn't dither and being decisive over your moves is an asset, especially in OTB games where there is a much smaller limit on thinking time.
  12. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    31 Oct '06 13:181 edit
    Ok then 5 seconds per move, I didn't check my arithmetic. The point is that he can get through his games and have a life outside RHP, and he makes decisions quickly. His rating indicates that they aren't always the right ones, but I don't think that he deserves to have speculation about his personal life posted in the forum's soley because he plays a lot of games.
    5 seconds a move, 60 moves in 5 minutes for an hour a day, constantly.

I can't even play 1 game of blitz that quick. What an amazing achievement!
  13. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    31 Oct '06 13:25
    Doubtlessly so, but nevertheless he doesn't dither and being decisive over your moves is an asset, especially in OTB games where there is a much smaller limit on thinking time.
    I could use some of that. 5 out of 19 of my games (usually 7/14 clock) have the clock ticking overtime, and I'm winning or about even in them. just can't decide what's the best way to continue...
  14. Joined
    12 Jul '06
    Moves
    31 Oct '06 13:28
    Originally posted by wormwood
    I could use some of that. 5 out of 19 of my games (usually 7/14 clock) have the clock ticking overtime, and I'm winning or about even in them. just can't decide what's the best way to continue...
    Really? I could use some patience, instead of being so impulsive sometimes. I've lost several games by launching into an attack and not noticing holes at the back until after pressing "Submit Move".
  15. Standard memberRavello
    The RudeĀ©
    who knows?
    Moves
    01 Nov '06 02:05
    Could this be why his rating is only 1241?

Perhaps if he slowed down and spent that much time studying chess rather than playing blitz he would be a GM in no time.
    Probably you missed the fact that Helden plays only opponents rated 200 (often 300 and even 400) below his rating.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree