1. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    19 Jul '09 19:03
    Originally posted by thaughbaer
    Ah.. so physical misdirection is fine.. just not verbal. What about a kick under the table ?
    It all comes down to the word 'casual' that OP used. If I'm just playing an informal blitz game with a friend, there may be all manner of trash talking and even some kicking under the table.
  2. PALMETTO
    Moves
    20 Jul '09 02:55
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    It all comes down to the word 'casual' that OP used. If I'm just playing an informal blitz game with a friend, there may be all manner of trash talking and even some kicking under the table.
    I always try to make sure my opponents wine glass is never empty. Unfortunately, I think he is doing the same to me.
  3. Joined
    09 Dec '05
    Moves
    20 Jul '09 03:04
    Originally posted by Yogifl
    I always try to make sure my opponents wine glass is never empty. Unfortunately, I think he is doing the same to me.
    That doesn't sound like a negative thing to me.
  4. Joined
    03 Nov '08
    Moves
    20 Jul '09 03:43
    Slip some hard liquor into his wine.
  5. Joined
    12 Mar '03
    Moves
    20 Jul '09 07:29
    Tal had a misformed hand at a later stage in his life. He used to keep that hand under the table while playing. But now and then he would make a move with that hand on purpose to intimidate his opponent (I don't think he did that with the other top players). Imagine a complicated position and a claw making a move that you can't understand at first sight, and devilishly looking eyes staring at you!
  6. Earth
    Moves
    20 Jul '09 22:05
    I just talk about my fullsome breasts.
    This soon puts them off their stride..
  7. Lagos
    Moves
    20 Jul '09 22:46
    Originally posted by Policestate
    What are fullsome breasts? Big boobs?
  8. Earth
    Moves
    21 Jul '09 17:11
    Originally posted by Goshen
    What are fullsome breasts? Big boobs?
    Yes
  9. Standard memberPBE6
    Bananarama
    False berry
    Moves
    21 Jul '09 17:20
    Originally posted by sbacat
    I recall the game like it was just yesterday. It was two days after my seventieth birthday in a small, out-of-the-way absinthe cafe just north of Djibouti. My opponent's men had rapidly set up the ivory and malachite board on a butcherblock table near the back where I could barely make out the pieces in the flickering torchlight. The bartender, a surly man of ...[text shortened]... ictoriously even though something with eight legs had just mounted my right sandal...
    LOL, very nice... 🙂
  10. Lagos
    Moves
    21 Jul '09 18:34
    Yes
    Yeah that can be a big distraction
  11. Joined
    11 Aug '08
    Moves
    21 Jul '09 18:41
    Very funny stories - little did I know the kind of responses I would get when I asked such a simple question. 😉
  12. Joined
    15 Jul '09
    Moves
    21 Jul '09 19:32
    Originally posted by lordgledhill
    Would you consider it to be sportsmanlike to lull somebody in to a false sense of security through coming out with things like "Oh I think you've got me here mate" etc when you can see that you've got a crushing tactic waiting to be played? Obviously I'm only referring to casual games (ICC, messing about over the board) and not tournament games.
    anything to win
  13. Standard memberthaughbaer
    Duckfinder General
    223b Baker Street
    Moves
    21 Jul '09 20:56
    Or if the table is low enough... makes them resign by accident

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree