Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

  1. 16 Nov '10 00:28
    Anyone know what the most moves for a game might be on RHP, or how to find out?
  2. Standard member ChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    16 Nov '10 06:19
    Originally posted by Taoman
    Anyone know what the most moves for a game might be on RHP, or how to find out?
    A bunch
  3. 16 Nov '10 09:52 / 3 edits
    This is the longest game I could find. 182 moves.
    (Though I'm sure I've a 200+ somewhere on here).

    A 'quick' run through the game. (which took a while).

    Black goes a piece up through some White miscalcualtion, Black
    throws the piece back a few moves later.

    Then we get this opposite coloured Bishop ending with White two pawns down
    entrenched on the black squares.

    I've not counted but suspect Black gave up a pawn to avoid the 50 move rule.

    rizzers v jankrb RHP 2009

  4. Subscriber jankrb
    Conductor
    16 Nov '10 12:40
    Originally posted by greenpawn34
    This is the longest game I could find.

    I've not counted but suspect Black gave up a pawn to avoid the 50 move rule.
    Wow, that's a game I played in a hard core tournament. How did you find that???

    Yes, I gave up a pawn to get 50 more moves....
    As it was a hard core tournament with ZERO day timeout and 21 day timebank we both were running out of time. I was in the better position with more time left.
    In the end he moved and moved and I had to allow him to claim the draw....
    Exciting!
  5. 16 Nov '10 13:26
    Originally posted by jankrb
    Wow, that's a game I played in a hard core tournament. How did you find that???

    Yes, I gave up a pawn to get 50 more moves....
    As it was a hard core tournament with ZERO day timeout and 21 day timebank we both were running out of time. I was in the better position with more time left.
    In the end he moved and moved and I had to allow him to claim the draw....
    Exciting!
    But the last hundred moves or so had nothing much with chess to do, did it? Caïssa would roll...
  6. Subscriber jankrb
    Conductor
    16 Nov '10 13:56
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    But the last hundred moves or so had nothing much with chess to do, did it? Caïssa would roll...
    True, I was just playing further for a move timeout....
  7. Standard member RevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    16 Nov '10 14:31
    Ah, topical about the private forum...seems yours must be a contender Jan I was looking at 'zenic' games but nothing approaching yours...not yet
  8. 16 Nov '10 21:28
    Originally posted by jankrb
    True, I was just playing further for a move timeout....
    Even if you used the chess rules, it wasn't chess you played.

    It is as in situations as this I would like that either one could call for an arbitrer who could call it a draw straight off.
  9. 17 Nov '10 09:16
    Originally posted by greenpawn34
    This is the longest game I could find. 182 moves.
    (Though I'm sure I've a 200+ somewhere on here).

    A 'quick' run through the game. (which took a while).

    Black goes a piece up through some White miscalcualtion, Black
    throws the piece back a few moves later.

    Then we get this opposite coloured Bishop ending with White two pawns down
    entrenched o ...[text shortened]... g5 Ke4d3 180. Bg5h4 Kd3e4 181. Bh4g5 Ke4d3 182. Bg5c1 Kd3e4[/pgn]
    Thanks greenpawn. But as others have said, more about time than chess.
    An arbiter would have avoided the moving ad infinitum.
    I've been having probably the longest game for me (with pawns and bishops in close quarters too) but it doesn't come anywhere near this. Interesting. Takes some time to "play" through. The button presses certainly became faster.

    Thanks for your blog too. Discovered it recently
  10. 17 Nov '10 11:41
    Don't be hard on the lad Fabs.
    There was a method in his madness.
    With a zero time bank who ever logs on the most wins.
    It's not chess chess but it is amusing.

    What would the controller have done about these two merry fellows.

    twiti v ChrisPolowater RHP 2009

    To get to the real exciting bit go to move 80 and play the game from there.

  11. 17 Nov '10 12:14
    If it keeps them amused I see no harm in it. At least they aren't claiming that the other is up to no good based on less than 20 ordinary looking moves.
  12. 17 Nov '10 13:12
    I wonder how those last 40 odd moves match up with Fritz or Rybka