Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

1. Standard member ivan2908
    SelfProclaimedTitler
    30 Mar '07 18:20
    Wow. Did you calculate that skewerwhich wins his queen before your sac? Beautifull
  2. 30 Mar '07 20:33
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    I likes it!
  3. Standard member bannedplayer306509
    Best Loser
    30 Mar '07 20:34
    well done... I had a post that had a crazy sac like that a while ago called 'Wow!' ... I look over that game over and over again. it's amazing.
  4. 30 Mar '07 20:46
    And Blackjack21...no relation to the Blackjack12 that was banned?
  5. Standard member bannedplayer306509
    Best Loser
    30 Mar '07 20:48
    Originally posted by Ramiri15
    And Blackjack21...no relation to the Blackjack12 that was banned?
    I personally doubt he's been cheating. Look at some of his games/rating.
  6. Standard member bannedplayer306509
    Best Loser
    30 Mar '07 20:57
    i guess i should mention that i was the VICTIM of that tactic. I get nailed by tactics so often. It's just not fair :'(
  7. Standard member Dies Irae
    I Love U
    30 Mar '07 21:01
    Thatsa nice sac
  8. Standard member bannedplayer306509
    Best Loser
    30 Mar '07 21:03
    I can't find the thread for the life of me. Here's the game.

Game 3259298

Apparently there was one move that saved mate somewhere, at least that's what crafty says. I don't think anyone my level could possibly have found it though.
  9. Standard member bannedplayer306509
    Best Loser
    30 Mar '07 21:13
    easier to say that after I lost eh?.. who wants to trade a queen for a bishop.
  10. 30 Mar '07 21:17 / 1 edit
    I have a queen sac in the making although I'm waiting to see if my opponent proves it unsound... I will post it if I mate!

BTW: Very nice combo there!
  11. Donation ketchuplover
    G.O.A.T.
    30 Mar '07 21:25
    very impressive
  12. Subscriber shortcircuit
    The Energizer
    30 Mar '07 21:27 / 1 edit
    I like your combination but if I had been playing you, I would have done something quite different at move 25 as follows:

25w N x f5
    25b B x f2
    26w N-e7+
    26b K-?
    27w N x c8
    this would leave you the choice of taking the knight or saving the bishop. The bishop could play with the rooks a bit but in the end, if played properly, I believe it would have ended up swapping a queen for 2 rooks, which I don't consider as a bad trade. If that had been done, your brilliant parlay would never have occurred. What do you think?
  13. Subscriber shortcircuit
    The Energizer
    30 Mar '07 23:23
    true...I missed that combo. All in all, plenty of hindsight available for everyone.
  14. Standard member buffalobill
    Major Bone
    31 Mar '07 07:40
    Jolly nice combo. Makes it all worth it, like finding the sweet spot in a golf drive.

Here's a recent and interesting Queen sacrifice of mine at 19. against the Sicilian. Interesting on a number of levels. One that I was going to lose minor material anyway and the sacrifice was compensated for by gaining a rook back and a strong attack. On the other level, it's interesting in showing how one mustn't become distracted by counter-threats of which he had plenty. Simply put - if I've got a mate in one and he's got a mate in two, then I win. Ultimately it was unsound for my only hope was to gain the draw and I threw material in the direction of that cause. In the end he played one weak move while offering the draw and lost instead.
    Game 2603607
    I've actually won three games recently with the draw in sight to last move blunders.
  15. 31 Mar '07 12:56
    Originally posted by buffalobill
    Jolly nice combo. Makes it all worth it, like finding the sweet spot in a golf drive.

Here's a recent and interesting Queen sacrifice of mine at 19. against the Sicilian. Interesting on a number of levels. One that I was going to lose minor material anyway and the sacrifice was compensated for by gaining a rook back and a strong attack. On the other l ...[text shortened]... gid]
    I've actually won three games recently with the draw in sight to last move blunders.
    According to fritz 8, after the sac, whites only mistake was 27.Bc3...

27. Bc8 scores -1.08 after Re1