must see simul on youtube

must see simul on youtube

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

M

Moves
11 Apr 09

p
Highlander

SEAsia

Moves
11 Apr 09

“This video is not available in your country” ??? :'(

Erro Ergo Sum

In the Green Room

Moves
11 Apr 09

>I'm involved in teaching chess to kids in elementary schools and I often play simuls there because the kids love it, since it's their only real chance to beat me. In one school there were these two very cute twin girls who arranged to sit beside each other. They were identical twins and I was never able to tell them apart! At the 1st board one played Black and at the 2nd board the other twin played White.
>As I made my move with White, the other twin played exactly my move on her board and this continued on and on. I was puzzled at how good they were playing and wondered why they were giggling all the time. It's because in effect I was playing both games against myself. Then I figured out what was going on.
>It took me a couple of moves to figure out how to deal with this. The next time around the room, I bypassed the 1st board and went to the 2nd board to insist that she move. When she did, I returned to the 1st board to make a different move, thereby ensuring that both boards were different. In this way, I managed to win both games.
>However, the lesson is: Beware of cute twin girls. They can be tricky!

R

Moves
11 Apr 09
1 edit

Originally posted by peacedog
It's that magician,Derren Brown,you're not missing much in a chess sense.It's a neat trick though 🙂

BSU

Moves
12 Apr 09

this youtube censorship is wrong . I can understand 'video not available anymore' ... but the 'not in your country' is messed up !

R

Moves
12 Apr 09
2 edits

Originally posted by Black Star Uchess
this youtube censorship is wrong . I can understand 'video not available anymore' ... but the 'not in your country' is messed up !
Why does youtube do that anyway?

c

Moves
12 Apr 09

Thank you for the youtube link! What a phenomenal video. Even my mischevious mind could not figure out how he did it until he revealed his method. As for the prediction, I'd have to think on that one.

J

Moves
12 Apr 09

Originally posted by cheater1
Thank you for the youtube link! What a phenomenal video. Even my mischevious mind could not figure out how he did it until he revealed his method.
It's a very old trick.

m

Moves
12 Apr 09

This is one of the reasons why the Simul Master is White on all the tables.

F

Moves
12 Apr 09
2 edits

Originally posted by peacedog
This is an infamous example of the "freedom of America" 😠

Edit: Sorry, I can see it. Sorry for the above. Hurray for America! 🙂