1. Hinesville, GA
    Moves
    07 Aug '06 18:371 edit
    Originally posted by RahimK
    Very impressive! I love the tactic with the Nxd4 and the follow up moves.

22...Rc4

Why did you play that?
    I really wonder about these FM, IM, GM games over ICC. It's very unlikely a 1500 rated player would have much of a chance against an expert - much less chance against a Foreign Master or International Master. Yet, it seems we see a lot of threads where a 1600 player gets an extremely rare win against an International Master. Not saying it's not possible, but the professional player you are ripping open over ICC just might not be so professional after all. Perhaps he has his bot turned off by accident? 😲
  2. Donation!~TONY~!
    1...c5!
    Your Kingside
    Moves
    07 Aug '06 18:48
    I am pretty sure to get the title next to your name on ICC, you have to send identification, since I think titled players play for free there. I am not sure though. I have beaten quite a few IM's, FM's and even GM Larry Christiansen there, and I am sure it was him, because his style is unmistakable. The thing you have to realize is that:

1. They are normally on there to have fun, not to crush people weaker than them (Although that is damn fun for me!)

2. That normally these games are simul games, where they are playing 30 other people at a time. So it's basically them playing blitz, but giving you 40 minutes!
  3. Hinesville, GA
    Moves
    07 Aug '06 18:542 edits
    Originally posted by !~TONY~!
    I am pretty sure to get the title next to your name on ICC, you have to send identification, since I think titled players play for free there. I am not sure though. I have beaten quite a few IM's, FM's and even GM Larry Christiansen there, and I am sure it was him, because his style is unmistakable. The thing you have to realize is that:

1. They are norm ...[text shortened]... g 30 other people at a time. So it's basically them playing blitz, but giving you 40 minutes!
    OH yes, I see your point. Those are some good points that must be made. In other words - as you are putting it - they are not putting that much value on that game against a 1500 player over ICC. I imagine GM Larry Christiansen likes to lift the spirits of the chess enthusiast here and there. He's a good decent fellow. lol
  4. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    07 Aug '06 19:12
    Originally posted by powershaker
    OH yes, I see your point. Those are some good points that must be made. In other words - as you are putting it - they are not putting that much value on that game against a 1500 player over ICC. I imagine GM Larry Christiansen likes to lift the spirits of the chess enthusiast here and there. He's a good decent fellow. lol
    Ya it's basically blitz for them and I timed them out couple of time but your not suppose to time them out.

I had Larry C on the ropes and then I blew it. His style is reckless but attacking, wow you could tell it was him! I beat a FM once. I lost the 3 games when my computer crash. There's always next time!
  5. Joined
    21 Feb '06
    Moves
    07 Aug '06 19:24
    Simul games for Gms are always going to be played at a lower standard, They don't have enough time to calculate moves 5-6 moves deep in 20 concurrent games, and so, they rely on their opening repetoire and basic intuition, which is of course, enough to beat many players.
  6. Standard memberGrandmouster
    ChessObsessed
    Earth
    Moves
    07 Aug '06 19:26
    Of course its not easy for a 1500 player to beat a titled player on ICC.
    Since im not a 1500, i can occasionly beat a lower rated, rusty, or older once great player.
    But for a "true" 1500, im sure it would be much harder to do so.....🙄

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree