1. Standard membervietasianfox45
    Intermediate Player
    Saigon, Vietnam
    Moves
    25 Dec '07 08:211 edit
    I was going over the game and I can still win the game!! If the moves are played correctly, he would be forced to give up his bishop for my pawn, giving me a piece extra, which will eventually allow me to win the game!!
  2. Joined
    10 Dec '06
    Moves
    25 Dec '07 09:53
    Have you messaged Tactical Strategy about this? I would like to know his opinion.
  3. Joined
    02 Jun '07
    Moves
    25 Dec '07 10:031 edit
    Hi guys,

I am sorry I don't specifically remember this game, however I'm pretty sure I offered a draw and it was accepted.

If this had been a glitch, I would have also wondered what happened (which I didn't). It came as no surprise at the time, so I had assumed the draw was accepted.

Maybe a wrong click?
  4. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    25 Dec '07 10:152 edits
    Originally posted by vietasianfox45
    I was going over the game and I can still win the game!! If the moves are played correctly, he would be forced to give up his bishop for my pawn, giving me a piece extra, which will eventually allow me to win the game!!
    After his bishop takes your pawn you will take his bishop. Then his rook puts you in check. What do you do? Presumably you will either block with your rook so as not to lose your bishop or check him with your rook. Either way you end up with a king and a bishop to his king. This is insufficient material to mate. If you decide to threaten his bishop with your rook, and he defends with his rook, the exchange leads again to a draw. Unless your opponent does something stupid, the game is drawn. This may be frustrating, but there it is. Out of curiosity, how did you see yourself winning this game?
  5. Pale Blue Dot
    Moves
    25 Dec '07 10:46
    Originally posted by bbarr
    After his bishop takes your pawn you will take his bishop. Then his rook puts you in check. What do you do? Presumably you will either block with your rook so as not to lose your bishop or check him with your rook. Either way you end up with a king and a bishop to his king. This is insufficient material to mate. If you decide to threaten his bishop with y ...[text shortened]... be frustrating, but there it is. Out of curiosity, how did you see yourself winning this game?
    Can't he interpose the bishop instead of the rook?
  6. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    25 Dec '07 11:05
    Originally posted by Green Paladin
    Can't he interpose the bishop instead of the rook?
    This is what I get for looking at games at 3:00 a.m.
  7. Joined
    11 Mar '07
    Moves
    25 Dec '07 15:49
    How would you know I am a sneaky player when we never ever played each other?? Unless you are using another user name to play me and use that one for other games!!

Yes, I have the white pieces.
    I meant I though you had the black pieces, thats why I misunderstood your original post. In response to 'sneaky' that was someone else's post.
  8. Standard membervietasianfox45
    Intermediate Player
    Saigon, Vietnam
    Moves
    25 Dec '07 21:54
    Originally posted by bbarr
    After his bishop takes your pawn you will take his bishop. Then his rook puts you in check. What do you do? Presumably you will either block with your rook so as not to lose your bishop or check him with your rook. Either way you end up with a king and a bishop to his king. This is insufficient material to mate. If you decide to threaten his bishop with y ...[text shortened]... be frustrating, but there it is. Out of curiosity, how did you see yourself winning this game?
    Why would I block with my rook if I am going for the win??!! Think!! Of course, I would block with the bishop. As long as I do not trade rooks, I can still win the game. That is the point!! If you read Lubernick's post, you should know that I never ever offer draws or accept them unless I know it is an absolute draw!! I still feel I can win the game!! I can see if I did not have a bishop. Then, it would be a draw, but I have a pawn extra.

The thing is that if this game did not determine who the group leader was, I would not be so furious, but I still would bring it up. Since it WILL determine who the winner of the group is, I am not going to rest until I WIN the game!!

MetBierOp, well, you got hs/her reply now right after yours. He/she never chatted in the games so I did not even know whether he/she spoke English or not!!
  9. Joined
    10 Dec '06
    Moves
    26 Dec '07 11:19
    Why would I block with my rook if I am going for the win??!! Think!! Of course, I would block with the bishop. As long as I do not trade rooks, I can still win the game. That is the point!! If you read Lubernick's post, you should know that I never ever offer draws or accept them unless I know it is an absolute draw!! I still feel I can win the game!! ...[text shortened]... He/she never chatted in the games so I did not even know whether he/she spoke English or not!!
    Have you send feedback?
    If so, how does RHP respond?
  10. Standard membervietasianfox45
    Intermediate Player
    Saigon, Vietnam
    Moves
    26 Dec '07 19:12

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

11. Standard membervietasianfox45
    Intermediate Player
    Saigon, Vietnam
    Moves
    28 Dec '07 09:311 edit
    I have sent THREE MESSAGES to the STUPID LYING ADMINS and MODS!! I guess they are not going to fix this so I WILL NEVER EVER AGAIN suggest people to come to this site since it is run by stupid lying cheats!! I bet they are laughing about this right now!! I thought this was the best site, but I guess I was totally wrong!! They don't even attempt to rectify the problem that THEY created!! I even left a reply, but I see that it was deleted by the stupid mods!!
  12. Joined
    31 Oct '03
    Moves
    28 Dec '07 09:44
    😴
  13. Joined
    13 Nov '07
    Moves
    28 Dec '07 11:29
    For what it is worth and if it offers any solace...

Two of my chess endings books suggest that Rook vs Rook + Bishop occurs relatively often in practice and the ending should be drawn.

Reference “Fundamental Chess Endings, Karsten Muller & Frank Lamprecht” + “Dvoretsky’s Endgame Manual”.

Once (if) Black plays BxP then the position is simplified to Rook vs Rook and Bishop where Black has two defensive strategies - the Cochrane Defence and the Second Rank Defence.

So - purely from a technical point of view - if the defender played appropriate moves than your extra bishop will probably not be enough.

Whether your opponent would play the appropriate moves is a completely different debate - and the one that you have grievance with. I understand that.

But, at least appreciating that technically this position should be drawn might lessen your anger somewhat.
  14. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    28 Dec '07 13:28
    I have sent THREE MESSAGES to the STUPID LYING ADMINS and MODS!! I guess they are not going to fix this so I WILL NEVER EVER AGAIN suggest people to come to this site since it is run by stupid lying cheats!! I bet they are laughing about this right now!! I thought this was the best site, but I guess I was totally wrong!! They don't even attempt to rec ...[text shortened]... lem that THEY created!! I even left a reply, but I see that it was deleted by the stupid mods!!
    Have you ever thought that admin have reviewed the position and found that you accepted the draw so have concluded you made an error and are now trying to blame the site?

Why do you think the admins have suddenly started to pick on you and allegedly ended one of you games as a draw? What would they gain from doing this?

Ranting and raving at them, calling them stupid lying admins and mods isn't exactly going to help your case.

If you are truly so aggrieved why are you still here? Why not just leave and go somewhere else?

Yes admin are probably laughing at you at present. Laughing at your stupidity in accepting a draw them blaming the site, then watching you start a thread telling the world how stupid you were.

Time for you to pick up your toys, put them back in the pram and move on.
  15. Joined
    11 Mar '07
    Moves
    28 Dec '07 16:43
    The game is over.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree