24 Aug '07
    Moves
    07 Nov '10 17:17
    ... says it all!

User 385712
  2. gumtree
    Moves
    07 Nov '10 17:21
    Yes, it does say it all. Part of the game is agreeing to play to the best of your ability. Resigning on a whim is not "to the best of your ability" but neither is taking on too many games. As for leaving the site, who does that hurt?
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    07 Nov '10 17:25
    Let me know when you plan to play again. I need to catch you while you are still below 1400 if I'm going to be able to beat you. 🙂
  4. Joined
    24 Aug '07
    Moves
    07 Nov '10 17:32
    Originally posted by Diophantus
    Yes, it does say it all. Part of the game is agreeing to play to the best of your ability. Resigning on a whim is not "to the best of your ability" but neither is taking on too many games. As for leaving the site, who does that hurt?
    Show me the agreement to "play to the best of your ability" on the TOS. I wasn't using opening books, databases, or more than 10 seconds a move. It is my understanding that one is allowed to play the way he/she sees fit as long as it is within the rules. How can you say that taking too many games is wrong too? That would mean anyone on the MAP Of The Month is cheating. My motto is live and let live, so why do I keep catching it in my message box. THAT actually is against the terms of service.
  5. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    07 Nov '10 17:44
    Originally posted by paulbuchmanfromfics
    ... says it all!

User 385712
    Good riddance.
  6. Joined
    24 Aug '07
    Moves
    07 Nov '10 17:49
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Good riddance.
    You jumped on my back two years ago about those draws in the championship, and you never let it go.
    I have actually agreed with you in some posts and chatted with you, but your grudge against me is still there.
    How can you build hate and hold it for so long?

Well done !
  7. e4
    Moves
    07 Nov '10 17:52
    ... says it all!

User 385712
    I lost two games against you a couple days ago...if I only took more time. 😞
    Enjoy the break, I have been hooked for 2 weeks straight and I firmly believe I got sick from it. I'm on antibiotics now. 🙁 I need a break too.
  8. gumtree
    Moves
    07 Nov '10 17:54
    Show me the agreement to "play to the best of your ability" on the TOS. I wasn't using opening books, databases, or more than 10 seconds a move. It is my understanding that one is allowed to play the way he/she sees fit as long as it is within the rules. How can you say that taking too many games is wrong too? That would mean anyone on the MA ...[text shortened]... why do I keep catching it in my message box. THAT actually is against the terms of service.
    I didn't say you were cheating. You aren't cheating. However, you are annoying people who expected a reasonable game of chess and got a mass resignation instead. People are going to express that annoyance so you have to expect to catch some flack.
  9. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    07 Nov '10 17:58
    ... says it all!

User 385712
    Taking on too many games and then resigning them like you have is just showing disrespect for your opponents.

You could have quietly disappeared from the site and just let your games timeout naturally, but rather than this you decided to not only resign the games, but to amend your profile to let people know what you thought of them.

No one asked you to make so many moves so quickly, and its not as if you had as many of your games were 3/7 and longer.

As for blaming your health that is just a crappy excuse.

You say in your profile I do this once every subscription which tends to imply it is not health related. If it is health related why do you continue to put yourself in that position?

You also say If I get one more abusive message for playing the GAME the way I wanted to on my paid subscription, I am leaving this site for good.

Well guess what, the door is over there ------------> <EXIT>
  10. Joined
    24 Aug '07
    Moves
    07 Nov '10 18:01
    Originally posted by adramforall
    Taking on too many games and then resigning them like you have is just showing disrespect for your opponents.

You could have quietly disappeared from the site and just let your games timeout naturally, but rather than this you decided to not only resign the games, but to amend your profile to let people know what you thought of them.

No one aske ...[text shortened]... eaving this site for good.

Well guess what, the door is over there ------------> <EXIT>[/b]
    I meant I take on more than I can chew every subscription. I have done this one other time, two years ago.

Thanks for the post.

It only took me an hour and a half to annotate that game for you 2 years ago.
    Do you even remember that? I put a lot of work into it.

I have already asked the site to close the account, so don't worry.
  11. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    07 Nov '10 18:09
    You jumped on my back two years ago about those draws in the championship, and you never let it go.
    I have actually agreed with you in some posts and chatted with you, but your grudge against me is still there.
    How can you build hate and hold it for so long?

Well done !
    Do you have any hankies at your house? Use 'em.

Why is this in the "Only Chess" Forum anyway? It has nothing to do with chess; such drama queen posing is more appropriate for General.
  12. Joined
    24 Aug '07
    Moves
    07 Nov '10 18:14
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Do you have any hankies at your house? Use 'em.

Why is this in the "Only Chess" Forum anyway? It has nothing to do with chess; such drama queen posing is more appropriate for General.
    Rec'd

This is just the right material for a rec!

Here's some chess!

13. Standard memberIgloo
    Fishing
    In the icebucket
    Moves
    07 Nov '10 18:29
    That's quite a fall from grace. From 1900+ to 875. I think it may take you a while to work your way back up.

Enjoy your R&R. I reckon that it won't be too long before you develop itchy fingers and come back.

So few addicts are ever really cured...
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '07
    Moves
    07 Nov '10 18:33
    Show me the agreement to "play to the best of your ability" on the TOS. I wasn't using opening books, databases, or more than 10 seconds a move. It is my understanding that one is allowed to play the way he/she sees fit as long as it is within the rules. How can you say that taking too many games is wrong too? That would mean anyone on the MA ...[text shortened]... why do I keep catching it in my message box. THAT actually is against the terms of service.
    From what I can see, its not so much resigning your games, but your attitude about it. A little humility like "I'm really sorry, but I'm completely burned out and I'm going to take a break for a while. I'd especially like to apologize to my clanmates for letting them down" might have been in order. Instead, you act like a selfish prima donna. Poor Lundos has a right to be upset and you don't have any right to say anything other than "I'm sorry".

What you do with chess is no big deal, its only a game after all. But those kind of attitudes tend to reduce how far along you get in life, too. Be careful.
  15. Joined
    24 Aug '07
    Moves
    07 Nov '10 18:52
    Originally posted by Erekose
    From what I can see, its not so much resigning your games, but your attitude about it. A little humility like "I'm really sorry, but I'm completely burned out and I'm going to take a break for a while. I'd especially like to apologize to my clanmates for letting them down" might have been in order. Instead, you act like a selfish prima donna. Poor Lundos ...[text shortened]... hose kind of attitudes tend to reduce how far along you get in life, too. Be careful.
    I didn't intend to let everyone down, but you also don't know the whole story.

The clan leader came to me and asked me to join. After a while, I left the clan and the league. In a PM, I asked him to stop pairing me, and he did it anyway. All he saw was a 2100 rating, not a person.

In the past, I have had a lot of health problems. I have had ulcers and other trouble. In fact, I told the leader that I would need surgery soon, and he just kept on pairing me. I didn't time out because I have OCD. When something is on my mind, I have to take care of it. I just can't let things fester. It's not in my personality. Look at my profile. There isn't a single time out. Also, when something is causing me anxiety, I cease to do it.

I really didn't intend to cause anyone trouble, and I don't feel as though I should have to apologize. It's my account with my choices.

You don't have to tell me about life either. Mine hasn't been especially easy.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree