1. Standard memberMillerTime
    The Next Scotty
    Moves
    19 Dec '06 03:57
    A good little book I used to become better at chess was Bobby Fischer Teaches Chess. You can buy this book for ~$8.00. Its well worth it.
  2. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    19 Dec '06 04:021 edit
    Originally posted by danielkirk1
    Thank you very much guys. Also this site has been more helpful to me than any other database or chess puzzles etc. I would also like to pay respect to a certain player named caro kann, for taking the time out of his free time to have a teaching game with me, and analysing my games.
    Don't you mean MikexX2020?

Or was that Santa Drummer....? 😛
  3. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    19 Dec '06 04:03
    Originally posted by MillerTime
    A good little book I used to become better at chess was Bobby Fischer Teaches Chess. You can buy this book for ~$8.00. Its well worth it.
    I disagree.
  4. Donationbriancron
    nunquam perdo
    Washington, DC
    Moves
    19 Dec '06 04:31
    Originally posted by cmsMaster
    I disagree.
    How do you think MillerTime got better? or... do you not think he is better?

Bobby Fischer teaches chess was my first chess book. I would recommend it only as something to do without a board. You will learn about the back rank mate but not much else from what I remember. It's a nice puzzlebook for a bus ride or something.
  5. Under Cover
    Moves
    19 Dec '06 05:44
    Originally posted by cmsMaster
    I disagree.
    I agree.
  6. Standard memberMillerTime
    The Next Scotty
    Moves
    19 Dec '06 21:25
    The second book I would recommend that I also used was How To Reassess Your Chess. Its not really in depth but it does cover a lot of good points.
  7. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    19 Dec '06 21:26
    Originally posted by MillerTime
    The second book I would recommend that I also used was How To Reassess Your Chess. Its not really in depth but it does cover a lot of good points.
    Closer, tactics, then Amateur's Mind, and only then RAYC.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree