1. washington
    Moves
    16 Sep '06 21:37
    i used a nickname my friend gave me freshmen year and it just stuck. i added the number though because i only like numbers that have evens as the first number and an odd number at the end but i dont like nething below 20 or above 30 lol. i'm weird like that.
  2. SubscriberHelder Octavio Borges
    Luso-brasileiro
    Cajamar, SP
    Moves
    16 Sep '06 21:39
    In my profile, you have informations about me, my family and my e-mails. I don´t see problems. But I don´t see problems in use of nicknames, too. It´s a question of taste.
  3. Joined
    03 Sep '03
    Moves
    16 Sep '06 21:47
    Originally posted by gambit3
    In this day and age it is too easy to locate people. Using your legal name is risky.
    I use my real name. Any internet stalkers are welcome to come to my island and kiss my ass. Not much "risk" as I see it.
  4. The sky
    Moves
    17 Sep '06 00:16
    Originally posted by russell chadbourne
    Why don't users use there real name, instead of calling themselves something silly?
    My main reason was that it says "You are advised not to use your real name" in the registration form. I use my real name in some other contexts on the internet, and since I have a link to my homepage in my profile, it's easy to find.
  5. Sandwich Land
    Moves
    17 Sep '06 11:55
    I wonder what we can find on russell chadbourne then...
  6. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    17 Sep '06 12:10
    Why don't users use there real name, instead of calling themselves something silly?
    i sometimes use my first name, but i use lyrics from songs now
  7. Joined
    05 Feb '06
    Moves
    18 Sep '06 13:45
    Originally posted by tmetzler
    I use my real name. Any internet stalkers are welcome to come to my island and kiss my ass. Not much "risk" as I see it.
    Do you mean 'ass' as in your picture, or the American one?
  8. Joined
    14 Jul '06
    Moves
    18 Sep '06 13:54
    Huh?
  9. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    18 Sep '06 18:20
    Wulebgr is my real name. I gave it to myself in 1998 when I created my Chess.net account.
  10. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    18 Sep '06 18:33
    Huckleberryhound is my real name. . .my parents were Bastards, truely.
  11. Joined
    25 Sep '04
    Moves
    19 Sep '06 15:58
    I have been playing postal chess for many years and all my opponents, including a couple who were incarcerated, have had my real name and address. So far none of them has ever showed up at my doorstep. I doubt correspondence players are any less psycho than internet players, but maybe we are more polite knowing that our opponents know where we live!🙂
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Sep '06 16:01
    Russell Chadbourne
    67 Chichester road
    South Shields
    Tyne and Wear
    England
  13. Domincan Republic
    Moves
    19 Sep '06 17:571 edit
    It would be usefull if you get by accident into a witness protection program for some reason, if they erase your personality from society,and move you to other city, you can still use your nickname here at RHP.
  14. Milton Keynes, UK
    Moves
    19 Sep '06 19:16
    Russell Chadbourne
    67 Chichester road
    South Shields
    Tyne and Wear
    England
    Cool!

Might pop in to visit. I haven't had many friends since they let me out.

http://www.lunacy.force9.co.uk/images/russell.jpg
  15. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    19 Sep '06 19:57
    Originally posted by Superman
    It would be usefull if you get by accident into a witness protection program for some reason, if they erase your personality from society,and move you to other city, you can still use your nickname here at RHP.
    Since most of us work for the mob, this is a pressing concern.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree