Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

1. 16 Sep '06 12:07
    Why don't users use there real name, instead of calling themselves something silly?
  2. 16 Sep '06 12:28
    In this day and age it is too easy to locate people. Using your legal name is risky.
  3. 16 Sep '06 12:38
    eh?
  4. Standard member Tanuki
    Tonkatsu...yum
    16 Sep '06 13:01
    Yeh, some nutjob might track you down and challenge you to a game...at work... home...Or they may just stop in to say hi and punch you in the face for claiming the skull...Who knows...
  5. 16 Sep '06 13:08
    Why didn't you? Chadbourne can't be a real name surely
  6. 16 Sep '06 13:11
    Its really very simple....

I don't want to be Identified.

If you know someones name, and where to look you can find out all sorts of things about them....

for example:- Ever been in a newspaper? --finding that story will be easy...(most have large archives)

married? -- I do belive those records are in the Public Domain, so I can find out where, when and who you married...Legally.

...and the list goes on....

While it may all seem insignificant (and for the 'average Joe' it is) all this information could be of real interest to some wierdo/pyschopath stalker
  7. 16 Sep '06 15:25 / 2 edits
    What is my real name?
  8. 16 Sep '06 16:03
    Originally posted by russell chadbourne
    Why don't users use there real name, instead of calling themselves something silly?
    For safety of course!
  9. 16 Sep '06 16:23
    Originally posted by Sicilian Smaug
    Billy Larry Reid?
    Very close. You messed up the last part though.
  10. 16 Sep '06 20:26
    Originally posted by russell chadbourne
    Aren't we all?
  11. 16 Sep '06 20:33
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Aren't we all?
    im one of the few i think who have their actual name as their handle, my parents still hate me as much as when they named me
  12. 16 Sep '06 20:38
    Originally posted by mazziewag
    im one of the few i think who have their actual name as their handle, my parents still hate me as much as when they named me
    whats your last name.....and phone number, address, bank account, and credit card number,???? thanks
  13. 16 Sep '06 21:29
    I use my cat's name, but he doesn't know about it, otherwise i know he'd disapprove.
  14. 16 Sep '06 21:37
    i used a nickname my friend gave me freshmen year and it just stuck. i added the number though because i only like numbers that have evens as the first number and an odd number at the end but i dont like nething below 20 or above 30 lol. i'm weird like that.
  15. Subscriber Helder Octavio
    Luso-brasileiro
    16 Sep '06 21:39
    In my profile, you have informations about me, my family and my e-mails. I don´t see problems. But I don´t see problems in use of nicknames, too. It´s a question of taste.