1. Standard memberclandarkfire
    Grammar Nazi
    Auschwitz
    Moves
    11 Apr '10 16:172 edits
    I think white still has drawing chances after 33.Rb1 Ra2 and 34 Qc6. Thoughts?
  2. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    13 Apr '10 02:12
    Originally posted by Ice Cold
    🙂
    That and doubling the rooks looks pretty fatal, I just hate to give an inch during a game, if you know what I mean.
    I know exactly what you mean, and I agree, in spite of this game. I think my opponent and I both "took our foot off the gas pedal" a bit on this game, and I was just lucky on the result. He just played the opening well (IMHO), and my sense of justice was knocked off-kilter a bit on the result.
  3. Joined
    24 Aug '07
    Moves
    13 Apr '10 09:20
    Here is another example:

This is from a 3 Minute/3 Second Increment Unrated Game at ICC.

I am black, a piece down, and against a 2359 rated opponent. Luckily, strange things happen at 3 AM. 🙂

I am in FSM now (Full Swindle Mode).
    I decided to fire my last shot and hope for the best.

33. ... f3

Here my opponent has a choice of wins (34.Qf4/34.Qd6!/etc), but he dug deep and found a loss.

34.Qe3??

BLACK has a win here !!!

34. ... Bc7+ This is by far the best move. It's funny, but the second best move puts black in a mating net, according to the computer !!!

35.Kg1 (Forced ... 35.Kh1 Qxh3+ 36.Kg1 Qg2 mate) Qg6+

36.Kf1 Qg2+ 37.Ke1 Nc2+

All of this was forced, and now it's an easy win.

38.Kd2 Nxe3 39.Kxe3 Bb6+

40.Kd3 Qxf2 41.Ba3 Qd4+

(followed by Qxd7)

It never really is over till it's over. Sometimes, I get a lot of lip from players for not resigning, but I have won many a game by hanging in there until the last resource is gone.

The Complete Game

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree