New Bobby Fischer movie

New Bobby Fischer movie

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R

Moves
29 May 09

Bobby Fischer Live

I just watched the trailer here:

Looks crappy to me

rc

Moves
29 May 09
1 edit

Originally posted by Romanticus
Bobby Fischer Live

I just watched the trailer here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y699HhJjBqk

Looks crappy to me
yep i think so, it describes Fischer as an anti-semetic Jew. Fischer was not Jewish, he was not even circumcised. Just looks like a dumbed down sitcom. I wish someone would do him justice and make a great film about him.

w
If Theres Hell Below

We're All Gonna Go!

Moves
29 May 09

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
yep i think so, it describes Fischer as an anti-semetic Jew. Fischer was not Jewish, he was not even circumcised. Just looks like a dumbed down sitcom. I wish someone would do him justice and make a great film about him.
well he definitely was antisemitic, and her mother being jewish makes him jewish by definition, right? and he was pretty damn crazy.

I'd much rather see a movie about his dark side than yet another american sanitized hero-worship piece of crap.

rc

Moves
29 May 09
3 edits

Originally posted by wormwood
well he definitely was antisemitic, and her mother being jewish makes him jewish by definition, right? and he was pretty *** crazy.

I'd much rather see a movie about his dark side than yet another american sanitized hero-worship piece of crap.
how does it make him Jewish by definition? my fathers a catholic, my mothers a protestant. what does that make me by definition? being Jewish is a declaration of Faith, if Fischer did not adhere to that, how can it be said that he was Jewish?

R

Moves
29 May 09
2 edits

p
Highlander

SEAsia

Moves
29 May 09

Originally posted by Romanticus
Have you seen the trailer?
Doesn't look like hero-worshipping to me.
Reread Wormwood's post plz and.....

Erro Ergo Sum

In the Green Room

Moves
29 May 09

how does it make him Jewish by definition? my fathers a catholic, my mothers a protestant. what does that make me by definition? being Jewish is a declaration of Faith, if Fischer did not adhere to that, how can it be said that he was Jewish?
It does make him Jewish by definition. Although I'm not Jewish, it is part of the Jewish religion that you are Jewish if your mother is Jewish. You can convert of course if you want to, but you would still be Jewish by birth under Jewish law.

w
If Theres Hell Below

We're All Gonna Go!

Moves
29 May 09

Originally posted by AttilaTheHorn
It does make him Jewish by definition. Although I'm not Jewish, it is part of the Jewish religion that you are Jewish if your mother is Jewish. You can convert of course if you want to, but you would still be Jewish by birth under Jewish law.
exactly.

rc

Moves
29 May 09
1 edit

Originally posted by AttilaTheHorn
Fischer himself did not consider himself Jewish, infact, he was absolutely livid, when his friend at the time, Jack Brady, gave him the transcript of his book to review before printing, 'profile of a prodigy'. Fischer asked him to remove the reference which stated that he was Jewish. Brady did not consent and their friendship deteriorated as a consequence. now then, here is the point, Fischer is stating to the world that he is not Jewish, yet you people are insisting that he is, my goodness, surely the man knows what he is, or wants to be regarded as, irrespective of whether its part of some law or not or his upbringing, why? for he has the right of self determination, in other words, the right to decide for himself, which Fischer exercised, yet you people still consider him to be Jewish, how is that?

p
Highlander

SEAsia

Moves
29 May 09

I thought about discussing the man’s religion, and his views about religion, but its always a waste of time when “faith” is involved.

What is certain is that the guy had a mental problem.

Oh, and he was quite good at a board game.

t

Moves
29 May 09

Being Jewish is an ethnicity. You can be Jewish and a christian. They call them evangelical Jews.

San Francisco, CA US

Moves
30 May 09

Jewishness is both a religious faith and an ethnicity. The traditional standard for being Jewish is to be born of a Jewish woman. Fischer can renounce the Jewish religion but I think he was born and died a Jew.

e4

Moves
30 May 09

Pertrosian v Spassky World Ttile Match 1969 Prize Fund $1,400.

Fischer - Spassky World title match 1972 Prize Fund $240,000.

Who is crazy now?

pp

Moves
30 May 09

Originally posted by wormwood
well he definitely was antisemitic, and her mother being jewish makes him jewish by definition, right? and he was pretty damn crazy.

well said.

rc

Moves
30 May 09

Originally posted by greenpawn34
Pertrosian v Spassky World Ttile Match 1969 Prize Fund $1,400.

Fischer - Spassky World title match 1972 Prize Fund $240,000.

Who is crazy now?
yes, indeed, who is crazy now!