New Bobby Fischer movie

New Bobby Fischer movie

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I
King of slow

Moves
01 Jun 09

For the purposes of this exercise, let's say that anyone who would read and actually respond to a thread in the "Only Chess" forum qualifies. 🙂

rc

Moves
01 Jun 09

mmm, i think i will abstain, but i really would like to hear others comments on the matter, for there seems some paradox, that while Fischer himself does state that one needs to be a master psychologist, later he states that he is not interested in psychology, but in good moves. What can we say, for without a doubt, he knew of and agreed with this aspect of chess. i myself have always felt, from what i have read, that Korchnoi was the greatest exponent of psychology, for he played the man even as Lasker did.

R

Moves
01 Jun 09

Originally posted by Ichibanov
As long as we're doing the "armchair Freud" thing, did anyone view the David Frost interview clip in the section of related clips? Fischer said something there that helped me understand a little better just how he approached chess. When asked what his favorite moment of the game was, he said it was (paraphrasing) when he destroyed his opponent's ego.

I ...[text shortened]... cular answer.

I'd be curious to hear other serious players' answer to that question.
For me it's the very start of the game,when the first move has yet to be made.The anticipation of what's about to happen.A bit like a kid on christmas eve 😀