1. The sky
    Moves
    17 Nov '06 00:52
    Originally posted by Dragon Fire
    Edit: I have managed to whip an opponent in 2 moves. How will you teach me to do less than that in "How to beat your opponent in less moves than [b]ever before." [/b]
    He'll teach you to be so scary that your opponents resign before the game even has started.
  2. Standard memberleisurelysloth
    Man of Steel
    rushing to and fro
    Moves
    17 Nov '06 01:01
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    He'll teach you to be so scary that your opponents resign before the game even has started.
    Game 2230964
  3. The sky
    Moves
    17 Nov '06 01:11
    Originally posted by leisurelysloth
    Game 2230964
    Wow, you must have worked through that chess improvement package!
  4. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    17 Nov '06 01:40
    the guy spammed my blog too a week ago or so. I deleted it. it seems he surfs around looking for chess stuff, leaving a smelly gift.
  5. The sky
    Moves
    17 Nov '06 01:41
    I found a very convincing (cough, cough) article by that guy here:

http://www.chessmaniac.com/2006_01_23_Free_Chess_ChessManiac.php

It's great, I already learned something new:
    "Bishops (3 points) and Knights (3 points) are equal in value, but experienced players try to capture a Bishop in return for a Knight."
    And there I was thinking that it depends on the position, and that a bishop pair was usually quite desirable. Stupid me.

I found this rather surprising: "You may have heard scare stories to the effect that chess notation is inordinately difficult." But I understood it better when I saw that he uses descriptive chess notation!
  6. Joined
    01 Nov '06
    Moves
    17 Nov '06 01:46
    Seems like fatlady has always been good with providing links. Thanks I've used most of them and added to my favs!
  7. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    17 Nov '06 16:36
    Originally posted by leisurelysloth
    Game 2230964
    Why do some players insist on resigning whenever they come up against strong opposition without even moving.

If I got a chance to play Kramnik I would milk it for ever last second, never resigning and happy if I could last more than 30 moves.
  8. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    17 Nov '06 16:40
    I found a very convincing (cough, cough) article by that guy here:

http://www.chessmaniac.com/2006_01_23_Free_Chess_ChessManiac.php

It's great, I already learned something new:
    "Bishops (3 points) and Knights (3 points) are equal in value, but experienced players try to capture a Bishop in return for a Knight."
    And there I was thinking that it depend ...[text shortened]... difficult." But I understood it better when I saw that he uses descriptive chess notation!
    Is this true? So all those players who play the Ruy Lopez Exchange variation are basically ignorant fools who can't play chess. They must read his books.

From now on I am going to move my knights again and again chasing those Bs before I do anything else. Once I have won them I will develop the rest of my pieces. Oh and I'll throw away my book on the Exchange.
  9. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    17 Nov '06 16:47
    Originally posted by Dragon Fire
    Is this true? So all those players who play the Ruy Lopez Exchange variation are basically ignorant fools who can't play chess. They must read his books.

From now on I am going to move my knights again and again chasing those Bs before I do anything else. Once I have won them I will develop the rest of my pieces. Oh and I'll throw away my book on the Exchange.
    Yes 😛

One of the reasons I gave up playing 1.e4 e5 as black. All the players in my club I have faced went for the exchange and the results were always a draw. Gets boring after a while.

1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.Bb5 a6 4.Bxc6 dxc6 5.0-0 ___

Now what would I play here? O yes, it was a really neat move. Has that suprise factor! It's a very solid move I might add!
  10. Standard memberleisurelysloth
    Man of Steel
    rushing to and fro
    Moves
    17 Nov '06 18:43
    Wow, you must have worked through that chess improvement package!
    Yup... ..great stuff! 🙄

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree