Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

  1. Subscriber jankrb
    Conductor
    15 Nov '12 11:05
    Look at the player tables and find our new nr. 1 : FullColdbright

    In only 13 months of presence at RHP, from nothing to the top!
    That's quite an achievement.

    Congrats!
  2. 15 Nov '12 11:30
    Some players (e.g. Skeeter) achieved a high rating by playing mostly lower rated players and beating them all without fail (and by using an engine), but most of the top rated players get there by only playing games against other players with a high rating, where the odd loss here and there doesn't affect their rating much. FullColdbright seems to be happy playing anyone, which makes his rise to the top spot all the more impressive. For example a draw against a 1800 player would make his rating tumble, whereas a sizable proportion of his 2300+ opponents must have been cheating and hence nigh on unbeatable.
  3. Standard member vivify
    rain
    15 Nov '12 18:08 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Fat Lady
    Some players (e.g. Skeeter) achieved a high rating by playing mostly lower rated players and beating them all without fail (and by using an engine)
    Whoa...I remember Skeeter. Was he banned?

    Reaching a number one spot on an internet site really doesn't matter, since people will constantly accuse you of having cheated at some point. I think a 2,000 rating is about the highest you can get, without people wondering if you're a Fritz abuser.
  4. Subscriber roma45
    st johnstone
    15 Nov '12 19:30
    Originally posted by vivify
    Whoa...I remember Skeeter. Was he banned?

    Reaching a number one spot on an internet site really doesn't matter, since people will constantly accuse you of having cheated at some point. I think a 2,000 rating is about the highest you can get, without people wondering if you're a Fritz abuser.
    yep skeeter banned about the same time as our new number 1 joined the site..... interesting?
  5. Standard member vivify
    rain
    15 Nov '12 19:38
    Originally posted by roma45
    yep skeeter banned about the same time as our new number 1 joined the site..... interesting?
    Hmm...interesting indeed.
  6. 16 Nov '12 02:42
    Jesus wept.

    Skeets last made a move in Jan 2012.
    The FullColdbright joined in Ocotober 2011.

    FullColdbright is not Skeeters new ID.
    She set up an account after she was banned and PM'd a few
    people here her banning PM.
    It said she was banned for Forum Abuse.

    The new account too was quickly banned.
  7. Subscriber roma45
    st johnstone
    16 Nov '12 08:54
    Originally posted by greenpawn34
    Jesus wept.

    Skeets last made a move in Jan 2012.
    The FullColdbright joined in Ocotober 2011.

    FullColdbright is not Skeeters new ID.
    She set up an account after she was banned and PM'd a few
    people here her banning PM.
    It said she was banned for Forum Abuse.

    The new account too was quickly banned.
    fullcoldbright joined in october 2011, same time skeeter resigned lots of games to go down to a 1500 player, not banned till january 2012, was mass resignation in preparation of a upcoming ban skeeter knew about? it was meant to be for forum abuse but as admin dont give a reason for a ban nobody knows the real truth. not accusing anybody of anything, as i said before just think its..... interesting
  8. 16 Nov '12 11:19
    Originally posted by roma45
    fullcoldbright joined in october 2011, same time skeeter resigned lots of games to go down to a 1500 player, not banned till january 2012, was mass resignation in preparation of a upcoming ban skeeter knew about? it was meant to be for forum abuse but as admin dont give a reason for a ban nobody knows the real truth. not accusing anybody of anything, as i said before just think its..... interesting
    miracles are still possible, I thought this was a thread about NewCo returning to the
    SPL! still Hibees are top so I suppose anything is possible.
  9. Subscriber thaughbaer
    Duckfinder General
    16 Nov '12 21:46
    Uhoh. The resignations have started.
  10. Subscriber Proper Knob
    Cornovii
    17 Nov '12 11:00
    Originally posted by thaughbaer
    Uhoh. The resignations have started.
    That's curious. I sent this guy (?) a message yesterday, told him i'm analysing the games from the final round of the 2012 Championship (which i am), and asked him why he was using an engine to make his moves. He hasn't replied yet.
  11. 17 Nov '12 11:19
    Obviously unaware that engine use is tolerated here...
  12. 17 Nov '12 13:28 / 1 edit
    Kramnik vs engine

    YouTube
  13. 17 Nov '12 13:45
    Originally posted by thaughbaer
    Uhoh. The resignations have started.
    the avatar is remarkably similar i remember skeety having a a snake coiled around a chess figurine and here we have a similar fist!
  14. Subscriber Marinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    17 Nov '12 16:02
    Originally posted by thaughbaer
    Uhoh. The resignations have started.
    I don't understand, none of those games are even close to lost..
  15. 17 Nov '12 20:47 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by Marinkatomb
    I don't understand, none of those games are even close to lost..
    The first game he resigned looks lost.