1. San Diego
    Moves
    29 Oct '07 20:07
    How do you get to the Games Explorer from the home site without typing in the full address? I don't see a link, even on the Site Map. I'm sure I'm just missing it. Thanks.
  2. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    29 Oct '07 21:34
    Originally posted by HolyT
    How do you get to the Games Explorer from the home site without typing in the full address? I don't see a link, even on the Site Map. I'm sure I'm just missing it. Thanks.
    There is no link from the site at present so you need to copy and paste into your browser the link I gave.
  3. San Diego
    Moves
    29 Oct '07 22:131 edit
    Thanks, DF. When I use the "My Games" option, it shows no games. When I look at Dragon Fire's games (by typing in DF's user number in the URL), I only see 119 games as Black and 123 as White, even though he has played 816 games.

Are my games not shown because I'm not a subscriber? Are games only shown if both players are subscribers? Or is there some other explanation?
  4. Standard memberchessisvanity
    THE BISHOP GOD
    Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Oct '07 22:25
    i think my cat just pissed on me.
  5. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    29 Oct '07 22:331 edit
    Originally posted by Dragon Fire
    In Game 4185141 you started going wrong about move 5.

5. ... NXQ retaining the right to castle is probably better than KXQ, then you start dropping pawns at moves 8 and 9.

If you trully followed this line from a DB then I suggest you stop using it and get a better DB as it is misleading you.

Try http://www.redhotpawn.com/gamesexplorer/ which has games from here and will give you excellent assistance at your level.
    Nxd8 drops a pawn! 😲
  6. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    29 Oct '07 23:14
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    Nxd8 drops a pawn! 😲
    No! It merely gives back the pawn taken on move 4 and after Bc5 black has better development and equal material and retains the right to castle.

I would rather play black in this position and I would certainly recapture with the Knight even if you would not.
  7. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    29 Oct '07 23:15
    Originally posted by HolyT
    Thanks, DF. When I use the "My Games" option, it shows no games. When I look at Dragon Fire's games (by typing in DF's user number in the URL), I only see 119 games as Black and 123 as White, even though he has played 816 games.

Are my games not shown because I'm not a subscriber? Are games only shown if both players are subscribers? Or is there some other explanation?
    It has not been updated for a little time although we all hope for am update someday.
  8. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    29 Oct '07 23:15
    Originally posted by Dragon Fire
    No! It merely gives back the pawn taken on move 4 and after Bc5 black has better development and equal material and retains the right to castle.

I would rather play black in this position and I would certainly recapture with the Knight even if you would not.
    I was being sarcastic (just a little) hence the 😲
  9. Portlandia
    Moves
    30 Oct '07 16:19
    Those tactics sites have helped a lot, and your points on that game are well taken...

The game linked here was one of those that I definitely could have used the tips you guys have posted. I feel like I lost a positional advantage I held because of my lousy tactical maneuvers =P

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree