1. Joined
    08 Dec '07
    Moves
    09 Dec '07 20:56
    as if we were face to face and had to play to completion at that particular day and time...i want some complete games and would like to play someone who is up for multiple games in an afternoon or at least one or two complete games right then and there - as in before we get up to do something else IF YOU WISH TO CHALLENGE :challenge the username sirblaze jblaz13@yahoo.com
  2. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    09 Dec '07 21:591 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

3. London
    Moves
    09 Dec '07 22:291 edit
    You might wish to hop over to the blitz section for something a bit faster. Shortest time control here is 1 move per day. But if you keep a look out in the open invites you'll probably come across one or two players who names the games: "quick game move now" or "fast play now" or something like that and they'll be on the look out for the same sort of timing you're after. There's no way of imposing a short time control though so someone could at any time, whatever the position, drop back to a move a day.

Occasionally you get a player in a lost position who will play as slow as the time control allows... maybe hoping you'll die or go on holiday so they can claim the points. But if you die you're ratings going to fall anyway and nowadays you can book a holiday so you don't get timed out while you're gone.

Oh and welcome to the site...ignore Mr Smaug he's habitually rude to newcomers but is a perfect gentleman when you get to know him.
  4. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    09 Dec '07 22:311 edit

5. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    09 Dec '07 22:33
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    If I was a subscriber I woulda rec'd that at least twice lol
  6. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    09 Dec '07 22:36

7. London
    Moves
    09 Dec '07 23:02
    Smaug 1 Mahout 0 ...have updated my self proclaimed title accordingly.
  8. Joined
    31 Jan '07
    Moves
    10 Dec '07 00:12
    An explicit game name "whole game now" in an Open Invite usually works - and if you get a prankster who disappears after one or two moves you can delete the game without penalty.
  9. Joined
    08 Dec '07
    Moves
    10 Dec '07 20:19
    Originally posted by Mahout
    Occasionally you get a player in a lost position who will play as slow as the time control allows... maybe hoping you'll die or go on holiday so they can claim the points. But if you die you're ratings going to fall anyway and nowadays you can book a holiday so you don't get timed out while you're gone.

Oh and welcome to the site...ignore Mr Smaug he's habitually rude to newcomers but is a perfect gentleman when you get to know him.
    yeah, people might just have a heart attack at the board or be poisoned before the end of the timeframe. I hate people who do that.
    And "Mr Smaug"?🙂
  10. Standard memberivan2908
    SelfProclaimedTitler
    Moves
    10 Dec '07 20:24
    Originally posted by MissOleum
    An explicit game name "whole game now" in an Open Invite usually works - and if you get a prankster who disappears after one or two moves you can delete the game without penalty.
    Fast time controls (1 0) helps, but I have the feeling that slow movers play on purpose slow against that "please finnish now" ads. I did it myself a few times and my opponents would log out on move three 🙂
  11. Joined
    08 Dec '07
    Moves
    10 Dec '07 20:36
    Originally posted by ivan2908
    Fast time controls (1 0) helps, but I have the feeling that slow movers play on purpose slow against that "please finnish now" ads. I did it myself a few times and my opponents would log out on move three 🙂
    Love the profile.
    Answer: Looks like pixels to me.
    😉
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Dec '07 20:47
    I think theres a 500 rated player who wants to give you a game.
  13. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    11 Dec '07 01:18
    Originally posted by Kaworukun
    I think theres a 500 rated player who wants to give you a game.
    who? you?
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Dec '07 02:07
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    I've adopted a style of passively ignoring him.
    i.e. talking to him now, just so I can blatantly ignore whatever he might say in response.
  15. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    11 Dec '07 06:36
    Originally posted by Mahout
    You might wish to hop over to the blitz section for something a bit faster. Shortest time control here is 1 move per day. But if you keep a look out in the open invites you'll probably come across one or two players who names the games: "quick game move now" or "fast play now" or something like that and they'll be on the look out for the same sort of timing ...[text shortened]... s habitually rude to newcomers but is a perfect gentleman when you get to know him.
    what is a Tom rec? recs from me? 😛

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree