1. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    10 Apr '07 01:41
    Originally posted by ih8sens
    that's assuming you don't understand the moves your making. Otherwise, your making the 'best' move, because your making the move of a 2700 player.

two 2700 players play a fairly equal game. therefore, databases are equalizing.
    duh, I just roll the dice and see which piece looks the best to move.
    Actually, I figured by now he would have weighed in and assailed me for my impertenence, my impudence, and my unbelievable stupidity. Man, glad that hasn't happened yet. It might bruise my fragile ego to the point of suicidal tendencies. ;-)
  2. Joined
    18 Feb '07
    Moves
    10 Apr '07 01:481 edit
    cmscircuit. haha...yeah..

It really depends on how you use databases. You can easily equalize, no doubt. But, they also provide solid ideas that give chances for both sides.
  3. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    10 Apr '07 05:051 edit
    Originally posted by Zander 88
    cmscircuit. haha...yeah..

It really depends on how you use databases. You can easily equalize, no doubt. But, they also provide solid ideas that give chances for both sides.
    So, if I understand what you are saying....databases can provide you with a data basis to make your moves, but if you fail to move...you will go no where? Then of course you would become the nowhere man, unless, of course, you were a woman, in which case your life would be full of woe, man. Or maybe not. But could one's failure to move be considered as constipated consternation?
  4. Joined
    29 Oct '06
    Moves
    10 Apr '07 07:31
    Apologies for not being able to move in our match, Wayne. I had computer troubles, therefore I was unable to access the internet. But you won fair and square. Congratulations.

Is it possible for the users who lost to continue playing in order to determine rankings?
  5. Joined
    21 Jan '06
    Moves
    10 Apr '07 12:51
    Originally posted by Walshinator666
    Apologies for not being able to move in our match, Wayne. I had computer troubles, therefore I was unable to access the internet. But you won fair and square. Congratulations.

Is it possible for the users who lost to continue playing in order to determine rankings?
    No worries mate.

To continue playing, you mean pick up where we left off unrated?
  6. Joined
    28 Nov '06
    Moves
    10 Apr '07 13:40
    Originally posted by Wayne1324
    No worries mate.

To continue playing, you mean pick up where we left off unrated?
    I think he means like in a Swiss tournament, in which winners are paired with winners, and losers, likewise. But, I was wondering whtat we were going to do in the event of a draw. Will we have a tie-breaking sudden death game?
  7. Joined
    29 Oct '06
    Moves
    10 Apr '07 13:44
    I think he means like in a Swiss tournament, in which winners are paired with winners, and losers, likewise. But, I was wondering whtat we were going to do in the event of a draw. Will we have a tie-breaking sudden death game?
    That is what I implied, yes.
  8. Joined
    21 Jan '06
    Moves
    10 Apr '07 13:48
    So the winner of the losers vs. the winner of the winners?

I am not familiar with swiss tournament.
  9. Joined
    28 Nov '06
    Moves
    10 Apr '07 13:51
    Nope. Unfortunately, the format is single elimination. I do enjoy Swisses more though. Perhaps we can get Wayne to host a 4 rd. Swiss Tourney later on?
  10. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    10 Apr '07 17:46
    You could also have two 4 player round robins where the two winners of the round robins meet for the title. There are many different formats you can employ.
  11. Joined
    28 Nov '06
    Moves
    10 Apr '07 17:48
    But, how are we dealing with draws in this format?
  12. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    10 Apr '07 17:56
    Originally posted by AlphaAlekhine
    Play it again Sam
  13. Joined
    28 Nov '06
    Moves
    10 Apr '07 18:15
    Originally posted by Wayne1324
    So the winner of the losers vs. the winner of the winners?

I am not familiar with swiss tournament.
    Sorry about the late reply. In Swiss, all the winners from the first round will play each other in the second round. All the losers of the first round play each other in the second round. And then it keeps going. All the winners of the second round play each other in the third round, and the losers play the losers. And on and on for however many rounds you have. A bit wordy, I know, but I hope it cleared the matter up for you. Perhaps a TD could chime in and give a better description.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Apr '07 19:20
    Originally posted by AlphaAlekhine
    In the tournament I'm hosting right now (which I believe follows the same format as this one) draws are replayed with the colours switched. I'm assuming the same applies here.
  15. Joined
    18 Feb '07
    Moves
    10 Apr '07 19:55
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    So, if I understand what you are saying....databases can provide you with a data basis to make your moves, but if you fail to move...you will go no where? Then of course you would become the nowhere man, unless, of course, you were a woman, in which case your life would be full of woe, man. Or maybe not. But could one's failure to move be considered as constipated consternation?
    sure...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree