Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

1. Standard member Red Night
    RHP Prophet
    01 Mar '06 20:30
    For purposes of calculating my rating is my opponents rating

A. their rating when the game begins?

or

B. their rating when the game ends?
  2. Standard member Red Night
    RHP Prophet
    01 Mar '06 20:33
    A. Thanks

B. that sux.
  3. Standard member Red Night
    RHP Prophet
    01 Mar '06 20:34
    Is there anyway to dump a game that I am winning by a lot that is going on forever while my opponent's rating plummets?
  4. Standard member Wulebgr
    Angler
    01 Mar '06 20:34
    Originally posted by Red Night
    Is there anyway to dump a game that I am winning by a lot that is going on forever while my opponent's rating plummets?
    nope
  5. Standard member Red Night
    RHP Prophet
    01 Mar '06 21:16
    I didn't know if there was a way to get rid of a game where the opponent was over the time limit other than claiming the victory and hurting my rating.
  6. 01 Mar '06 21:47
    Originally posted by Red Night
    I didn't know if there was a way to get rid of a game where the opponent was over the time limit other than claiming the victory and hurting my rating.
    ???

Your opponent goes over the time limit and you click on the skull that appears and you win.

You only lose points initiall because you are provisional, 20 games, but after that you don't lose points for a win.
  7. Standard member leisurelysloth
    Man of Steel
    01 Mar '06 21:54 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by RahimK
    ???

Your opponent goes over the time limit and you click on the skull that appears and you win.

You only lose points initiall because you are provisional, 20 games, but after that you don't lose points for a win.
    So an obvious solution presents itself. Go win 10 other games before clicking that skull.

Edit: I had the same issue when I was provisional with User 177201.
  8. 01 Mar '06 23:04
    Originally posted by leisurelysloth
    So an obvious solution presents itself. Go win 10 other games before clicking that skull.

Edit: I had the same issue when I was provisional with User 177201.
    A but there is a catch!

If in the time it takes you win the X number of games need, that opponent moves then the skull will disappear and only return after this time has expired.

Are you willing to take that chance?