1. Joined
    08 Nov '07
    Moves
    14 Jan '08 08:44
    Wondering what methods other CC players use to organize their game notes and analysis. I know many probably don't (I didn't use to) but I know there are some more serious CC players here who do. Would like to hear from them as to what they find works best.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Jan '08 10:37
    Originally posted by scandium
    Wondering what methods other CC players use to organize their game notes and analysis. I know many probably don't (I didn't use to) but I know there are some more serious CC players here who do. Would like to hear from them as to what they find works best.
    I'm certainly not a serious CC player, but I use ChessBase to organize my games and my in-game analysis. It's an excellent tool, which by the way is very similar to ChessDB -which is free.
  3. Big D
    Moves
    14 Jan '08 15:34
    I just sort out the losses into a separate folder so I can analyze them later.
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    14 Jan '08 15:38
    I put them all in a Word-document. There I can comment, put positions, edit the opening repertoire, and other interesting information.

Then I print it out 100 games at the time and have my own library of my RHP games.
  5. Joined
    25 Sep '05
    Moves
    14 Jan '08 16:37
    I wish RHP would allow you to download all of your games to a PGN format, but alas it doesn't (that I know of).

I use ChessDb and/or ChessBase.
  6. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    14 Jan '08 16:50
    Originally posted by Chesswick
    I wish RHP would allow you to download all of your games to a PGN format, but alas it doesn't (that I know of).

I use ChessDb and/or ChessBase.
    You can download the last 100 games in one go.
    I too wish that ou can download all your games, but also all games from a particular tournament.
  7. 127.0.0.1
    Moves
    14 Jan '08 16:58
    Originally posted by der schwarze Ritter
    I just sort out the losses into a separate folder so I can analyze them later.
    I pull losses and draws into a folder named ToBe Analyzed. Once analyzed I have a folder named "Analyzed" that they move into. When bored I may pull other games from my completed games and analyze them.
  8. Joined
    08 Nov '07
    Moves
    14 Jan '08 19:54
    Actually I meant organizing your games in progress, i.e. for the purpose of making notes and analyzing variations. I know the software has an analysis board feature but its very primitive. And its note taking function is pretty much broken. I'm looking for a better way to analyze variations while the game is in progress (i.e. database research, moving the pieces around, etc) but in such a way that I have the fruits of this labour conveniently stored for when I do a proper post-mortem afterwards, and to avoid repeating variations I've already analyzed (for instance if I can't complete it in one sitting).

Chessbase may be the way to go after all for this. With it I can create and save easily referred to sub-variations and also annotate and mark with a simple symbolic evaluation. This way once the game's over and I run it through an engine I can see where my analysis was on the money and where it wasn't. Then try to figure out why.

And the fringe benefit I suppose is that I build my own database of heavily analyzed games.
  9. Joined
    02 Apr '07
    Moves
    15 Jan '08 22:33
    Actually I meant organizing your games in progress, i.e. for the purpose of making notes and analyzing variations. I know the software has an analysis board feature but its very primitive. And its note taking function is pretty much broken. I'm looking for a better way to analyze variations while the game is in progress (i.e. database research, moving the p ...[text shortened]... And the fringe benefit I suppose is that I build my own database of heavily analyzed games.
    I agree about the "notebook" feature. RHP is one of the most functional, well-designed websites I've ever seen, but 250 bytes is useless for making notes on a game. About the only thing it would be good for is someone who plays a large number of simultaneous games who needs to make brief notes about plans for the next move on each.
  10. Joined
    08 Sep '06
    Moves
    16 Jan '08 06:422 edits
    FabianFnas wrote:
    I too wish that ou can download all your games,

that is not exactly true, in fact you can
    you can download 100 games from a time period you determine.
    So lets say you started rhp exactly a year ago, just put 365 days.
    You will then download 100 games starting from a year ago. Look at the date of the last game in the txt file you receive by email. If your last of the 100 games is lets say on 16/06/2007, put as time period 214 days (days in between today and 16/06/07) and so on...
    You can download the whole history, but only with 100 games per file.

polux

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree