Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

  1. 13 Sep '12 19:30
    I am interested in hearing comparisons between RHP and the other popular chess sites such as chessgames.com, chessknot, ICC, chesscom, etc. My favorite site is the Chess Cafe but it is really a magazine and not a place to play.
  2. Subscriber PureRWandB
    CCC Club Leader
    13 Sep '12 22:33
    Well, chessgames.com is not a playing site, it's more for pulling up famous games that have been played.

    Chessknot doesn't exist... do you mean Gameknot (I don't like GK for MANY Reasons)

    Chess.com is good site, it has live chess, correspondence chess, and 3 tactics puzzles each day all for free. Videos, game analyzer, and other tools are included with a annual membership fee.

    If you are looking to shell out money for a paying membership, look no farther then RHP. This is the best Correspondence Chess site that the internet has to offer and you can't beat the price.... So pony up and do it now.

    ** This advertisement is endorsed and paid for by Russ - RHP admin- *** 😀
  3. 14 Sep '12 10:26 / 1 edit
    RJ,

    you're instoppable. 🙂

    I guess you would like chess even better, if the king could resurrect after his crucifixion. After which black and white's pieces make peace, spread the word and live happily ever after.

    Edit: it appears RJ's post was deleted. If necessary, remove this one as well.
  4. Standard member RJHinds
    The Near Genius
    14 Sep '12 10:31
    Originally posted by tvochess
    RJ,

    you're instoppable. 🙂

    I guess you would like chess even better, if the king could resurrect after his crucifixion. After which black and white's pieces make peace, spread the word and live happily ever after.

    Edit: it appears RJ's post was deleted. If necessary, remove this one as well.
    Someone does not like the truth on here.
  5. 14 Sep '12 12:47
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Someone does not like the truth on here.
    No, what we don't like is blasphemy. Using God's name as a stop-word, even if you (think you) intend it well, is irritating, and therefore blasphemy. Do keep this in mind: what you intend may not be what results.

    Richard
  6. 14 Sep '12 12:50
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    No, what we don't like is blasphemy. Using God's name as a stop-word, even if you (think you) intend it well, is irritating, and therefore blasphemy. Do keep this in mind: what you intend may not be what results.

    Richard
    If you believe such things...
  7. 14 Sep '12 13:47
    Thank you for your comments.
  8. 14 Sep '12 15:03
    Sorry about that Aldan.

    Trolls like SilconRon appear to haunt every site though here
    we have a ful blown clown.

    This place is good. I play on others - I've never posted in their forums
    nobody knows who I am. (It was intended I do this on here till one day I read
    the forums and waded in - then I was nearly banned for impersonating me!).

    I do from time to time read their forums. (always looking for a good joke)
    Often have to refrain from jumping in. (made that mistake once and here
    I am....surrounded by nutcases!)

    I'd say this place is the best. It does not appear to take itself so seriously
    as the others. It's full of cranks and I like it that way. (RJ included.) I fit in.
  9. 14 Sep '12 15:18
    I've played on numerous sites, and returned "home" to RHP recently. Chess.com is a very nice site with many features but doesn't have the same feel of community as exists here, at least in my opinon. I prefer CC, so the live chess sites don't interest me much. I did not like Gameknot at all.
  10. Standard member RJHinds
    The Near Genius
    14 Sep '12 15:47
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    No, what we don't like is blasphemy. Using God's name as a stop-word, even if you (think you) intend it well, is irritating, and therefore blasphemy. Do keep this in mind: what you intend may not be what results.

    Richard
    Oh, are you the one?
  11. Standard member RJHinds
    The Near Genius
    14 Sep '12 16:04
    Originally posted by greenpawn34
    Sorry about that Aldan.

    Trolls like SilconRon appear to haunt every site though here
    we have a ful blown clown.

    This place is good. I play on others - I've never posted in their forums
    nobody knows who I am. (It was intended I do this on here till one day I read
    the forums and waded in - then I was nearly banned for impersonating me!).

    I do f ...[text shortened]... eriously
    as the others. It's full of cranks and I like it that way. (RJ included.) I fit in.
    I admit I am a troll following in the footsteps of the likes of greenpawn34. O' happy days!
  12. 14 Sep '12 17:07
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I admit I am a troll following in the footsteps of the likes of greenpawn34. O' happy days!
    RJHinds (Games: 20)
    Top 1 Match: 510/767 ( 66.5% )
    Top 2 Match: 645/767 ( 84.1% )
    Top 3 Match: 704/767 ( 91.8% )
    Top 4 Match: 728/767 ( 94.9% )
  13. 14 Sep '12 19:58
    I`ve started to prefer chess.com, because of

    1) better live chess (RHP blitz really sucks)
    2) more options (tactics training, many interesting blogs of strong players etc.)
    3) more chess related discussions in forums
    4) more strong players (also in forums)
    5) banning of cheats
  14. Standard member RJHinds
    The Near Genius
    14 Sep '12 20:08
    Originally posted by Pacifique
    I`ve started to prefer chess.com, because of

    1) better live chess (RHP blitz really sucks)
    2) more options (tactics training, many interesting blogs of strong players etc.)
    3) more chess related discussions in forums
    4) more strong players (also in forums)
    5) banning of cheats
    That sounds like a place for me. Thanks.
  15. Subscriber KingDavid403
    King David
    14 Sep '12 20:21 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by Aldan
    I am interested in hearing comparisons between RHP and the other popular chess sites such as chessgames.com, chessknot, ICC, chesscom, etc. My favorite site is the Chess Cafe but it is really a magazine and not a place to play.
    www.schemingmind.com Not as good as RHP. But from what I've seen it comes in a strong 2nd.