Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

  1. 17 Oct '07 11:54
    When i access this site at school, i log in. When my friends go into this site, for some reason it is already logged in on their computers. Anyway i can stop this?
  2. 17 Oct '07 11:56 / 1 edit
    Just click log out in the top right corner when you have finished, this should mean that people who try to come back here will need to relog in but the web browser your school is using may have "remember me" set up so I am not sure how you would get around that.
    If you are using firefox then you need to click tools at the top, click the security tab and uncheck "remember my passwords" for IE it wil be along the same lines but I strongly advise you to get permission from a teacher before doing so or you could end up causing problems for others and get into trouble.
  3. 17 Oct '07 12:15
    Originally posted by Dejection
    When i access this site at school, i log in. When my friends go into this site, for some reason it is already logged in on their computers. Anyway i can stop this?
    It's a conspiracy I tells ya
  4. Standard member wormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    17 Oct '07 13:28
    Originally posted by Pigface1
    Just click log out in the top right corner when you have finished, this should mean that people who try to come back here will need to relog in but the web browser your school is using may have "remember me" set up so I am not sure how you would get around that.
    If you are using firefox then you need to click tools at the top, click the security tab and un ...[text shortened]... acher before doing so or you could end up causing problems for others and get into trouble.
    I really doubt there could be a sane objection to disabling password caching on a public computer. in fact, having it on would show gross incompetence from the person responsible for the computers.
  5. 17 Oct '07 13:56
    Originally posted by wormwood
    I really doubt there could be a sane objection to disabling password caching on a public computer. in fact, having it on would show gross incompetence from the person responsible for the computers.
    Very true, however as it is a school one, it may be setup to remember passwords for the ease of students, if thats the case then it would cause the poster a lot of trouble, it is always best to ask first just incase.
  6. 17 Oct '07 15:00
    Originally posted by Pigface1
    Very true, however as it is a school one, it may be setup to remember passwords for the ease of students, if thats the case then it would cause the poster a lot of trouble, it is always best to ask first just incase.
    In most schools each student has an account with password, so I doubt the staff would have set any pc's to remember passwords automatically. It's good practice to log out of anthing you have to log in to using a password.
  7. 17 Oct '07 19:38
    Originally posted by Pawn Qween
    In most schools each student has an account with password, so I doubt the staff would have set any pc's to remember passwords automatically. It's good practice to log out of anthing you have to log in to using a password.
    Well I was mainly covering myself and the poster, when I was at school there was no such thing as the interweb so I dont know how it works in schools
  8. 17 Oct '07 19:46
    Originally posted by Dejection
    When i access this site at school, i log in. When my friends go into this site, for some reason it is already logged in on their computers. Anyway i can stop this?
    deserved punishment for playing games at school, the way I see it.
  9. 18 Oct '07 00:03
    Originally posted by Pigface1
    Just click log out in the top right corner when you have finished, this should mean that people who try to come back here will need to relog in but the web browser your school is using may have "remember me" set up so I am not sure how you would get around that.
    If you are using firefox then you need to click tools at the top, click the security tab and un ...[text shortened]... acher before doing so or you could end up causing problems for others and get into trouble.
    You can try clicking on control panel, internet options, then click on the content tab. Click on auto complete and click both the clear forms and clear passwords buttons. That should take care of it. Remember not to select remember this password when it comes up again.
  10. 18 Oct '07 00:03
    Originally posted by Pigface1
    Just click log out in the top right corner when you have finished, this should mean that people who try to come back here will need to relog in but the web browser your school is using may have "remember me" set up so I am not sure how you would get around that.
    If you are using firefox then you need to click tools at the top, click the security tab and un ...[text shortened]... acher before doing so or you could end up causing problems for others and get into trouble.
    You can try clicking on control panel, internet options, then click on the content tab. Click on auto complete and click both the clear forms and clear passwords buttons. That should take care of it. Remember not to select remember this password when it comes up again.
  11. 19 Oct '07 00:02
    Speaking of chess at school, I like RHP because of all the different sites it exists in. My school has blocked www.redhotpawn.com and www.chessatwork.com but not www.redhotchess.com and wtver the other one is.
  12. 19 Oct '07 00:03
    Just LOG OUT
  13. Standard member Wulebgr
    Angler
    19 Oct '07 02:09
    Originally posted by wormwood
    in fact, having it on would show gross incompetence from the person responsible for the computers.
    Are these American schools?
  14. Standard member Wulebgr
    Angler
    19 Oct '07 02:09 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by mrjonesvich321
    Speaking of chess at school, I like RHP because of all the different sites it exists in. My school has blocked www.redhotpawn.com and www.chessatwork.com but not www.redhotchess.com and wtver the other one is.
    sometimes incompetence is beneficial