Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

  1. 27 Sep '09 23:26
    You know I have been playing loads on fics lately and not once have I ever seen or even heard mention of paul buchman - I am wondering if he really does play there or did he just say it to make himself look more credible?

    Has anybody else wondered similarly?
  2. 27 Sep '09 23:26
    finger paulbuchman
  3. 27 Sep '09 23:29
    Originally posted by Tyrannosauruschex
    You know I have been playing loads on fics lately and not once have I ever seen or even heard mention of paul buchman - I am wondering if he really does play there or did he just say it to make himself look more credible?

    Has anybody else wondered similarly?
    I learned more from my two games with PBFF than i have on my whole time on RHP. the dude knows more about chess than I care to imagine and he is willing to share it with those who are interested and willing to listen.
  4. 27 Sep '09 23:34
    It just seems wierd to big up a site that you hardly ever use - it is like me calling myself joey cage from yahoo - I have accounts there but I havent played for several years now.
  5. 27 Sep '09 23:47
    He's played 28 000 games at FICS, I wouldn't call that no playing on the site.
  6. 28 Sep '09 02:15
    Originally posted by Tyrannosauruschex
    You know I have been playing loads on fics lately and not once have I ever seen or even heard mention of paul buchman - I am wondering if he really does play there or did he just say it to make himself look more credible?

    Has anybody else wondered similarly?
    I just purchased an ICC account for six months. I have been posting games with that handle here, so I was enjoying playing at that site. Did I do something to offend you, or are you just calling me out at FICS?
  7. 28 Sep '09 07:00
    hehe, I saw both of you playing on fics(rex and PaulBuchman), I think we even played a few times even I am a class(about 150 points, 1900 currently) weaker than you...
    You have FM blitz ratings on fics...
  8. 28 Sep '09 12:28
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I learned more from my two games with PBFF than i have on my whole time on RHP. the dude knows more about chess than I care to imagine and he is willing to share it with those who are interested and willing to listen.
    I too hold the man in very high esteem
  9. Standard member wormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    28 Sep '09 15:37
    Originally posted by vipiu
    hehe, I saw both of you playing on fics(rex and PaulBuchman), I think we even played a few times even I am a class(about 150 points, 1900 currently) weaker than you...
    You have FM blitz ratings on fics...
    "Finger of paulbuchman:

    Last disconnected: Mon Sep 28, 00:32 PDT 2009

    rating RD win loss draw total best
    Blitz 2043 57.9 10641 5189 1153 16983 2100 (02-Mar-2009)
    Standard 2137 141.4 733 171 79 983 2168 (08-Jan-2007)
    Lightning 2141 64.6 6733 2928 472 10133 2179 (11-Jan-2009)

    ...
    4: I have temporarily moved to another site, but I will be back.
    5: I still pop in from time to time.
    6: Tyrannosauruschex, bring it on !!!



  10. 28 Sep '09 16:36
    T-chex see Thread 119691
  11. 28 Sep '09 16:42
    Originally posted by wormwood
    "Finger of paulbuchman:

    Last disconnected: Mon Sep 28, 00:32 PDT 2009

    rating RD win loss draw total best
    Blitz 2043 57.9 10641 5189 1153 16983 2100 (02-Mar-2009)
    Standard 2137 141.4 733 171 79 983 2168 (08-Jan-2007)
    Lightning 2141 64.6 6733 2928 472 10133 ...[text shortened]... k.
    5: I still pop in from time to time.
    6: Tyrannosauruschex, bring it on !!!



    mississippimad

    5-Minute Rating 2124/ 41 W/ 36L/15D/ Total 92
    1-Minute Rating 2153/ 437W/402L/58D/ Total 897

    Currently #306 overall at ICC in 1-Minute.

    Currently # 475 overall in 5-Minute.

    Those 989 games are what I have been doing.
  12. Standard member wormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    28 Sep '09 17:19
    Originally posted by paulbuchmanfromfics
    mississippimad

    5-Minute Rating 2124/ 41 W/ 36L/15D/ Total 92
    1-Minute Rating 2153/ 437W/402L/58D/ Total 897

    Currently #306 overall at ICC in 1-Minute.

    Currently # 475 overall in 5-Minute.

    Those 989 games are what I have been doing.
    I don't know how the 1-minute pool measures up, but 2100 on 5-minute pool is an awesome result. most GMs get around 2300-2400, and I've seen even one at 1800s. even nakamura is only 2600 in the 5-minute pool.

    not bad at all.
  13. 28 Sep '09 20:54
    Yes, that man can play some mean FICSing. (I speak from personal experience )
  14. 28 Sep '09 23:20
    I am theultimateknightmarefrompogochess
  15. 28 Sep '09 23:33
    Heinzcat I think you need to play some games here on RHP