22 Mar '09 19:07
    28)... Nxd5

just sayin...
  3. Joined
    18 Sep '08
    Moves
    22 Mar '09 21:38
    Originally posted by mazattack
    Incidentally, I don't think this is a drawn game anymore. From past analysis I did not think Rd8 would be played and thought Rb7 instead (this is from memory, may be getting this all wrong) looked to be a dead draw.

Rd8 looks too unblanaced, but who is it balanced in favour of?

I suppose Nxd5 Bg1 (if Bf2 we play Nc3 and if Rxd7? Nxd1 threatens bisho ...[text shortened]... off, or do anything to risk it. I genuinly think this will be the make or break point for us.
    Nb6 looks fine, but Nc3 pretty much forces a draw, so knowing this we can at least feel safe about Nxd5
  4. Joined
    23 May '08
    Moves
    22 Mar '09 23:12
    Originally posted by ResigningSoon
    Nb6 looks fine, but Nc3 pretty much forces a draw, so knowing this we can at least feel safe about Nxd5
    How so? Id be intrigued to see lines if you have a few

I don't doubt it, just want to check them through.
  5. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    23 Mar '09 12:26
    I 'm really peter out! Every line I checked after 27. ...Nxd5 is drawish and in my opinion the natural 27. ...Bf5 leads nowhere. And Resigning Soon offered as usually a fine input.

I vote 27. ...Nxd5 and, since I see no way for a win or even merely for a further progress of our position, I would offer a draw too (feel free to kick my empty skull as hard as it gets)😵
  6. Joined
    18 Sep '08
    Moves
    23 Mar '09 14:051 edit
    How so? Id be intrigued to see lines if you have a few

I don't doubt it, just want to check them through.
    The line has already been posted earlier; I even lamely annotated it.
    Would like to continue looking at Nb6, but possibly not necessary until next thread.

Here, I'll re-post it:

27...Nxd5 28.Bf2(28.Bg1 was given above, but Bf2 covers those weak pawns. Either one seems to lead to pretty much the same position.) 28...Nc3 29.Re1 Ba4 (capturing on d4 doesn't work here, and Bf4 allows Nxf4 (which may not be that great for white, but we can just limit his options with Ba4) 30.Rxe7 Rb4 (threatening mate) 31.Re1 Nb5 (threatening d4) 32.c3 Nxc3 33.a3 Rb7 and I think we can keep the white king boxed in. However, I don't see how to make progress.

This position we can pretty much force the draw by playing Nc3-e2-c3-e2 keeping the white rook on the last rank because of mate. He does have the option of Rc4 after Ne2, but Bd7 (this blocks the path of one rook and freezes the other to the defense of d4) and we can freeze his pieces and move ours at will(If anyone finds a white defense, please, please, please post.). If Rb1 we can play Rc7 and come down to the second rank. Other moves seem to be losing for white.
  7. Subscriberptobler
    Patzer
    Canberra
    Moves
    23 Mar '09 23:11
    Originally posted by zozozozo
    can i play?
    getting the pawn with the knight is a material win, dont think, do:p
    Hi - zozozozo - welcome on board! Anyone on the site is welcome to participate
  8. Joined
    18 Sep '08
    Moves
    26 Mar '09 02:46
    Bumping to the top of the pile. I haven't done anymore analysis; but if no one else is adding anything I think I'm prepared to vote for Nxd5.
  9. Donation!~TONY~!
    1...c5!
    Your Kingside
    Moves
    26 Mar '09 11:50
    I think in one of the earlier threads I analyzed ...Nxd5 to be okay for Black as well. Sorry for not contributing much this time, very busy lately! I didn't see anything going horribly wrong in this thread, so I didn't feel any necessity! 😀 Nice work guys

...Nxd5
  10. Joined
    02 Jul '08
    Moves
    27 Mar '09 09:22
    Originally posted by !~TONY~!
    I think in one of the earlier threads I analyzed ...Nxd5 to be okay for Black as well. Sorry for not contributing much this time, very busy lately! I didn't see anything going horribly wrong in this thread, so I didn't feel any necessity! 😀 Nice work guys

[b] ...Nxd5
    [/b]
    The exact same goes for me 🙂
  11. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    27 Mar '09 14:07
    You guys must be seeing something crazy. After Nxd5 we can preserve our bishop and knight with Be6. I'm guessing that's where we are headed and that's a line I was looking at earlier.

I'll vote:

Nxd5
  12. Standard memberclandarkfire
    Grammar Nazi
    Auschwitz
    Moves
    27 Mar '09 14:25
    I vote Nxd5
  13. Joined
    23 May '08
    Moves
    27 Mar '09 18:38
    Thank you resigningsoon, i had missed Ba4! as a resource. Very nice find.

I am still looking into lines, i am not sold, but am now thinking, Nxd5!
  14. Joined
    23 May '08
    Moves
    27 Mar '09 18:43
    After your line, resigning soon (which i agree with) is there anyway to divert from the drawn line that you can see? I cant see it, but, possibly we could choose to avoid the draw and try and play on to snatch material in light of potential revealed checks, tactis with the king boxed in
  15. Joined
    18 Sep '08
    Moves
    27 Mar '09 19:401 edit
    After your line, resigning soon (which i agree with) is there anyway to divert from the drawn line that you can see? I cant see it, but, possibly we could choose to avoid the draw and try and play on to snatch material in light of potential revealed checks, tactis with the king boxed in
    Well, I still haven't put time into the Nb6 line, but I'm already guessing that if we want to continue the fight then this has to be the line to play. My thoughts are that we can analyze this after our opponents reply to Nxd5 which I'm sure is winning the vote currently. I'm happy to know we have secured ourself with at least a draw should we not find any fighting continuations.

A little addendum: Nb6 isn't the only other way to continue, but immediately its looking better than Bc6 or Be6. We also have a tricky 27...Nxd5 28.Bf2 Ra4! and if 29.Rxd7 Nc3 gets the material back. Rc7 looks pretty passive. So our work is cut out for us next thread.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree