1. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    22 Aug '09 12:02
    Originally posted by EmLasker
    Honestly, the reason I played chess is not because I truly enjoys it, but it is because I wanted to have a sense of accomplishment.

After playing many years of computer games, I do not feel inspired of felt the slightest hope of becoming something great in my future.

Now, here's gal that I am very attracted to (unfortunately she is the sister of some ...[text shortened]... men like a real MAN.

do you think Chess will be my savior if I began to take it seriously?
    Running yourself down will not help your cause regarding this lady. Find our her interests, wear some decent clothes and talk to her about she likes. That's the only way to find out if you really have a chance with her. Don't use chess to try to impress her, it normally does not work.
  2. e4
    Moves
    22 Aug '09 12:16
    seems like a lot you are married men!
    I got married when I was 27.

from 16 - 26 it was girls girls girls.

Go for it - ask them out - they are not going to knock on your bedroom door.

Philidor may have something - all depends what you mean by
    very religious.
  3. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    22 Aug '09 13:451 edit
    i'm not religious, but she's VERY religious.
    you're dodging a bullet there, probably not a great idea to try to change that.

about chess and girls... no. simply no. that one won't happen. even if she's into chess it won't happen. if it'll happen, it won't be because of chess but other things.

however, being passionate about something always gives you a bit of character, even if it's chess. being passionate about playing guitar is probably better when it comes to girls, but it's really not the point. the point is, doing something that's you is interesting. people respond to that. and you can't really fake being passionate. (well, you can, but you're not gonna wanna be with anyone who buys it, so save yourself the trouble and do it properly to begin with.)
  4. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    22 Aug '09 14:03
    Originally posted by Kaaosaste
    To get a girl to notice you by being good at some sort of competition is easy! You just need to follow some simple rules:

1) When you win, make sure to gloat as much as possible. If your opponent has some sort of unfortunate physical abnormality, be sure to point that out as well so that your opponent understands that you are not only better at him in ...[text shortened]... ionship based on your ability to win chess games?

Self-confidence is all you need.
    being a disgusting idiot actually really seems to work for some unfathomable reason. I've never understood why, but I've seen it work many times. there are some really weird people out there.

however it won't land you the girl of your dreams. unless you have a predisposition for idiots.
  5. Standard memberorion25
    Art is hard
    Moves
    22 Aug '09 15:42
    Originally posted by wormwood
    being a disgusting idiot actually really seems to work for some unfathomable reason. I've never understood why, but I've seen it work many times. there are some really weird people out there.

however it won't land you the girl of your dreams. unless you have a predisposition for idiots.
    idiots attract idiots, that's the way it is...
  6. Joined
    16 Nov '06
    Moves
    22 Aug '09 17:251 edit

It usually helps to act like a 'disgusting idiot' at first. Don't come over all nervous, act like you don't care, most girls (and women) find that kind of self esteem interesting. Then, once you have her attention and start to talk, be the nice guy you really are and listen to her as GP mentioned, ask questions based on what she's saying. Nodding and 'yeah, I get that a lot' are ways of showing her that you're still paying attention, even though she's been rambling for hours.

Just be yourself, but clean up, dressing like a ragdoll as you put it isn't helping anybody I think. Get confidence and let her fall for who you really are, rather than taking up a hobby to 'land chicks'.

Basically, it's all about confidence, if you have self esteem, you will radiate it and girls pick that up, always!

And this topic really should not be in the only chess forum 😉
  7. Joined
    29 Jul '01
    Moves
    22 Aug '09 20:53
    Honestly, the reason I played chess is not because I truly enjoys it, but it is because I wanted to have a sense of accomplishment.

After playing many years of computer games, I do not feel inspired of felt the slightest hope of becoming something great in my future.

Now, here's gal that I am very attracted to (unfortunately she is the sister of some ...[text shortened]... men like a real MAN.

do you think Chess will be my savior if I began to take it seriously?
    Girls are not impressed by game players. They are impressed by the game players that are the stars of the game. The bad news is the games you have to star in are games like football and baseball. Other things that will impress the girls are wealth, power, and fame.
  8. Standard memberDiet Coke
    Forum Vampire
    Sidmouth, Uk
    Moves
    22 Aug '09 20:59
    Originally posted by gambit3
    Girls are not impressed by game players. They are impressed by the game players that are the stars of the game. The bad news is the games you have to star in are games like football and baseball. Other things that will impress the girls are wealth, power, and fame.
    What if you have no money, no power and noones heard of you?
  9. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    22 Aug '09 21:351 edit
    Originally posted by Diet Coke
    the serial killing business scores loads of letters in the prison from lovesick women. that's why "it's always the quiet ones."
  10. Joined
    29 Jul '01
    Moves
    22 Aug '09 21:391 edit
    Originally posted by Diet Coke
    Is your statement worded poorly or did you mean to try a slam at me?
  11. Standard memberDiet Coke
    Forum Vampire
    Sidmouth, Uk
    Moves
    22 Aug '09 22:53
    Originally posted by gambit3
    Is your statement worded poorly or did you mean to try a slam at me?
    Trying to what at you?
  12. Standard memberDiet Coke
    Forum Vampire
    Sidmouth, Uk
    Moves
    22 Aug '09 22:53
    the serial killing business scores loads of letters in the prison from lovesick women. that's why "it's always the quiet ones."
    I'll keep that as option B
  13. London
    Moves
    23 Aug '09 08:09
    Do something bad enough to get her parents to ban her from seeing you.
  14. e4
    Moves
    23 Aug '09 10:52
    Mahout has another good angle.

Girls love a rebel.

Rent a white horse and dye it bright red. Gallop it around her
    house 3 times whilst screaming satanic curses.
    Then burn her church to the ground.

Come back and let us know if this works.
  15. Joined
    04 Jul '06
    Moves
    23 Aug '09 13:35
    Originally posted by greenpawn34
    Mahout has another good angle.

Girls love a rebel.

Rent a white horse and dye it bright red. Gallop it around her
    house 3 times whilst screaming satanic curses.
    Then burn her church to the ground.

Come back and let us know if this works.
    as long as you do not say:

"Rape her.
    Come back and let us know if she liked it"

it is fine.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree