2. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    23 Aug '09 19:53
    Originally posted by greenpawn34
    Mahout has another good angle.

Girls love a rebel.

Rent a white horse and dye it bright red. Gallop it around her
    house 3 times whilst screaming satanic curses.
    Then burn her church to the ground.

Come back and let us know if this works.
    No, God wouldn't like it, and neither would I, or me siblings or parents, or grandparents, or aunts, or uncles, or cousins...
  3. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    23 Aug '09 20:45
    Originally posted by daniel58
    No, God wouldn't like it, and neither would I, or me siblings or parents, or grandparents, or aunts, or uncles, or cousins...
    you're obviously very young, and still entertaining the silly notion of nice guys actually finishing first.
  4. London
    Moves
    23 Aug '09 21:591 edit
    Being bad is good - disinterested even better. No big gestures just a couple of little put down
    remarks and the odd sneer should do it.

Lets face it no one would bother to go fishing if the blighters all jumped into the net as soon as
    you sat down. Hitting on her brother is probably going a bit far...try chatting up her best friend
    instead.

Nice guys do get girls eventually but that's to do with shrinking gene pool theory.
  5. Alabama
    Moves
    23 Aug '09 22:34
    I used to be just like you, with no self-confidence because I had not accomplished anything. Then I took up chess, and before long I was winning games, thus gaining the self-confidence I had lacked.

That made all the difference. These days, almost every night I'm bringing home a different hot chick who's been attracted by my air of self-confidence. I fire up the computer, show her some of my more recent victories at redhotpawn.com, and before long we're in bed and she's yelling with passionate abandon, "Checkmate me, baby, checkmate me!"

And I owe it all to chess.

๐Ÿ˜
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Aug '09 00:511 edit
    Originally posted by Ohforf
    I used to be just like you, with no self-confidence because I had not accomplished anything. Then I took up chess, and before long I was winning games, thus gaining the self-confidence I had lacked.

That made all the difference. These days, almost every night I'm bringing home a different hot chick who's been attracted by my air of self-confidence. I fire assionate abandon, "Checkmate me, baby, checkmate me!"

And I owe it all to chess.

๐Ÿ˜
    I recommend you to PIN her on the bed while FORKING that bossom :-)
  7. Alabama
    Moves
    24 Aug '09 01:32
    Ah, scoff ye may. But women find chess players irresistible, because we know all the right moves!

๐Ÿ˜
  8. San Francisco, CA US
    Moves
    24 Aug '09 03:02
    Not one bit of good advice yet for our comrade from you lot so I must step in.

Courtship is like chess: Well-established opening moves, chaotic middle, inexorable end-game ending in mate.

Opening: Play a solid, standard opening, one that you know well and won't beat you early, i.e. give yourself a chance to get to the middle. Dinner and a movie is the Sicilian or dating. A walk in the park, the Petroff. Do not play the Bird!

Middle: Here your moves are dictated by your opponent's mistakes. It is all tactics. Look for an opening, a hole in her defenses, a piece left hanging. Then pounce. Do not expose your king too soon. Get your pieces to work together. Advance your pawns when you can. Sacrifice everything to gain an advantage. Avoid smothered mate.

End-game: If you have no advantage going into the end-game, resign and look for another opponent. But if you have an advantage, exploit it. March your pawns towards promotion. Box her king into a corner. Watch out for forks and skewers. Keep your eye on the time clock.

If you play well, you will mate her and she will win.
  9. London
    Moves
    24 Aug '09 06:04
    Many young players lose by getting their queen out to early and going for mate without proper
    development. Although schoolboys mate works sometimes against inexperienced opponents the
    game is over very quickly and of very limited pleasure in comparison to the excitement of a proper
    game with someone who knows how to handle the pieces.

Think strategically but practice your tactics (tactics being the moment to moment snippets of
    conversation and simple actions). Every conversation every relationship every interaction is a
    chance to hone those invaluable interpersonal skills.

Remember that however grand your strategy a simple tactical blunder will
    often cost you the game.

Young men who practice alone with computers don't get the same satisfaction as those who play
    real opponents and wearing yourself out in this way is inadvisable.
  10. Joined
    25 Apr '06
    Moves
    24 Aug '09 08:57
    Originally posted by ParShooter
    "Do not expose your king too soon."
    Excellent advice ๐Ÿ˜‰
  11. Standard memberMariska Angela
    Nyuszi, golyรณ!
    Moves
    25 Aug '09 00:34
    Depends if the girl has some potential or some drag to chess somehow, then yes you can. I get impressed from good tactical play chess games. I get really really impressed, that's because I love the game very much, now here is the difference. Sacrificial play is my favourite and it's very nice to talk with people who understand that side of chess properly.
  12. Kalispell, MT
    Moves
    25 Aug '09 01:22
    Originally posted by Mariska Angela
    Depends if the girl has some potential or some drag to chess somehow, then yes you can. I get impressed from good tactical play chess games. I get really really impressed, that's because I love the game very much, now here is the difference. Sacrificial play is my favourite and it's very nice to talk with people who understand that side of chess properly.
    Really?... Chess...?

-GIN
  13. Standard memberPureRWandB
    CCC Club Leader
    Denver, CO
    Moves
    27 Aug '09 05:59
    Originally posted by Nowakowski
    Number one thing is confidence. Show her your confident in who you
    are, and what you stand for. You need to get a direction, whether that
    be chess, whether that be school, whatever. Establish a dream in your
    life, something to work for, and a direction to go in. Once you have
    that, it will be easy to stay positive, stay in a strong direction, an ...[text shortened]... you need to dedicate yourself too.
    So spend some time and think about it.

-GIN
    Rec'd.... sounds like you have read Zig Ziglar's book..."See you at the Top"
    I like this quote, "There is two ways to get to the top of a tall oak, sit on an acorn, or climb the tree"...paraphrased.
  14. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    29 Aug '09 17:50
    Originally posted by Mahout
    Being bad is good - disinterested even better. No big gestures just a couple of little put down
    remarks and the odd sneer should do it.

Lets face it no one would bother to go fishing if the blighters all jumped into the net as soon as
    you sat down. Hitting on her brother is probably going a bit far...try chatting up her best friend
    instead.

Nice guys do get girls eventually but that's to do with shrinking gene pool theory.
    No being Good IS Good, and being bad is bad.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree