1. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Aug '09 01:30
    Honestly, the reason I played chess is not because I truly enjoys it, but it is because I wanted to have a sense of accomplishment.

After playing many years of computer games, I do not feel inspired of felt the slightest hope of becoming something great in my future.

Now, here's gal that I am very attracted to (unfortunately she is the sister of some smartass I pretend to like), she plays bass and the piano also is an honour student. On the other hand, I am a loner who hogs the computer all day long that dressed up like a rag doll who doesn't even have the balls to approach women like a real MAN.

do you think Chess will be my savior if I began to take it seriously?
  2. washington
    Moves
    22 Aug '09 02:05
    chess is such a boring game to many people. To impress girls? Bah not really. chess is for fun not to impress people, just approach her. is it really that hard?
  3. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    22 Aug '09 02:15
    Originally posted by EmLasker
    Honestly, the reason I played chess is not because I truly enjoys it, but it is because I wanted to have a sense of accomplishment.

After playing many years of computer games, I do not feel inspired of felt the slightest hope of becoming something great in my future.

Now, here's gal that I am very attracted to (unfortunately she is the sister of some ...[text shortened]... men like a real MAN.

You mean if you begin to take it seriously? A few questions; 1. When did you start to play chess? 2. When did you start on this site? 3. Have you finished any games? Jesus Is our Savior and none other, only with His Help can we get to Heaven. Okay let's look into some of the things; you said she is an honor student, how old is she? How old are you? How old is her brother? What religion do you belong to? What about her? Do you share the same religion as your family? What about her? I don't think that hogging the computer all day is going to get you very far, you said that you have played lots of computer games, well there's not really any thing wrong with that, but a lot of the time it's just a lame excuse for people to not face reality (I'm not saying you, just a lot of people), maybe something happened to you when you were little that hurt you so bad you don't want to face reality, someone died, something someone did to you, somebody let you down, maybe you feel like you can't trust people, it could be people are putting you down (verbally), don't let them get to you, you can think and live your own life, don't let people control you, or your feelings, don't let people get to you. I think chess is a good game but it's not going to live your life for you, I will look forward to hear your answers and hope to talk to you in the future, if you ever need anything just message me and I hope I can help you with it, until then GOOD LUCK!!!
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    22 Aug '09 02:20
    If you want to impress a girl, get a decent job, save up some money and buy a very nice car. Money=girls. Chess=Chess
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Aug '09 02:25
    Originally posted by Eladar
    If you want to impress a girl, get a decent job, save up some money and buy a very nice car. Money=girls. Chess=Chess
    best advice yet

concise, yet to the point (regardless of whether this is true)
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Aug '09 02:26
    Originally posted by daniel58
    You mean if you begin to take it seriously? A few questions; 1. When did you start to play chess? 2. When did you start on this site? 3. Have you finished any games? Jesus Is our Savior and none other, only with His Help can we get to Heaven. Okay let's look into some of the things; you said she is an honor student, how old is she? How old are you? H ...[text shortened]... d anything just message me and I hope I can help you with it, until then GOOD LUCK!!!
    i'm not religious, but she's VERY religious.
  7. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    22 Aug '09 02:31
    That's good for her, you should try that, maybe that's what you like about her.
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    22 Aug '09 02:45
    best advice yet

concise, yet to the point (regardless of whether this is true)
    The older you get, the more truth you will find in it.
  9. Kalispell, MT
    Moves
    22 Aug '09 02:553 edits

Now, here's gal that I am very attracted to (unfortunately she is the sister of some men like a real MAN.

Number one thing is confidence. Show her your confident in who you
    are, and what you stand for. You need to get a direction, whether that
    be chess, whether that be school, whatever. Establish a dream in your
    life, something to work for, and a direction to go in. Once you have
    that, it will be easy to stay positive, stay in a strong direction, and
    you'll have unwaivering confidence. When this happens, you'll attract
    the attention of not just women, but all people.

When people start looking to you with respect, because you stand so
    clearly as an individual, they'll begin to become attracted to your
    determanation. [purposefully mispelled 😉]

Get a dream, where you want to be in 10 years, maybe 20 years.
    Think of the steps that need to be done to get you there.
    Then set little attainable goals.
    Work towards them, remember you can't fail, because your working
    towards a dream, whether you reach it or not doesn't matter, the fact is
    you worked towards it, and thats fullfilling. Remember its taking small
    steps all the time that works. I'm reminded of an ancient saying:

"If a man wished to bring a tree down by a whip, he could hit the
    tree once each day, and someday the tree will certainly fall. Yet, even
    the strongest man, could whip the tree untill his arm is dead, but the
    tree will remain.
    "

Little steps, each day, big smile, all day. Thats one of the biggest
    secrets. Remember to smile. Your happy to be you, and everyone
    else will be happy just to be around you.

It only takes the 4 d's as I like to say:
    Desire
    Dedication
    Discipline
    Dream

Once you establish this as part of your vertical alignment (the direction
    you want to go is always up in life), you'll be working towards
    something greater than you, and you'll be on your way 🙂

This impresses people. Women especially.

P.S. The computer games are a way for you to waste your time,
    because you havn't found anything you need to dedicate yourself too.
    So spend some time and think about it.

-GIN
  10. e4
    Moves
    22 Aug '09 03:011 edit
    Hi Em.

Sounds like she goes to church so you may have to give up a few Sundays.

So wash, shave (if you have to) clean bright cheerful clothes.
    no hat, no goth look, no death head t-shirtand don't slouch.
    Be confident.

Look her in the eye and ask her if she would like to go to the pictures.
    (Pick a film you think she will like - do some homework - find out
    what she likes).

You may go for a bite to eat or even a drink.
    Get her talking and then shut up.

The art of chatting up a girl is to say nothing (a bit like playing chess!)
    get them talking - you listening - they will think you are wonderful.

Books is good - find out her favourite author/book get her to talk
    about it.

(if it's the Bible arm yourself with some questions lifted from the
    Holy Joe forum - get her talking - don't let the long silences creep in).

If she says no - at least you tried.

Don't give up chess - but give up playing the computer - join a chess
    club - you will meet guys - guys go out for drinks together.
    You will meet girls - pick one, get her talking and stay quiet.

If you start talking you will only talk about chess or computer games.
    That is not going to get you laid. So best to listen.
    Gilrs like a listener. Get her talking.

And cheer up, girls don't moody guys.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Aug '09 04:34
    seems like a lot you are married men!
  12. Boston, MA
    Moves
    22 Aug '09 04:44
    To get a girl to notice you by being good at some sort of competition is easy! You just need to follow some simple rules:

1) When you win, make sure to gloat as much as possible. If your opponent has some sort of unfortunate physical abnormality, be sure to point that out as well so that your opponent understands that you are not only better at him in the chosen form of competition, but also better looking. For example, if you beat someone in basketball, say something like "I would have beaten you even if your freakishly large feet didn't keep tripping you up." Any females within earshot will undoubtedly impressed with both your physical prowess and razor sharp wit. We can all agree that one's ability and willingness to point out another's flaws is a characteristic all women secretly desire in a man. Also, and this is important, you need to act like you don't care about winning. Apathy is cool.

2) When you lose, it's probably best to question the integrity of your opponent as well as the condition of the equipment used. Make sure everyone around you knows that the only possible reason you've lost is due to powers beyond your control and that there was no possible way your lack of ability had anything to do with it. Immediately after losing, act like the game itself is beneath you and that you were only playing it to kill time before you had somewhere both cooler and more important to be. And, if you want, throw in some personal and physical insults.

Follow these simple rules and you'll have no trouble at all landing the perfect woman. She'll be impressed with your maturity and go-get-em attitude, because we all know that personality traits such as confidence, honesty, and moral integrity don't compare to straight up schoolin suckas.

And honestly, would you really want to be in a relationship based on your ability to win chess games?

Self-confidence is all you need.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Aug '09 06:551 edit
    if you're a young man who's not religious and would like to have a girlfriend, I would advise you to keep a friendly distance from VERY religious girls. not only for yourself, but for her too.
  14. Joined
    18 Jul '06
    Moves
    22 Aug '09 09:08
    Originally posted by philidor position
    if you're a young man who's not religious and would like to have a girlfriend, I would advise you to keep a friendly distance from VERY religious girls. not only for yourself, but for her too.
    Best advice ever. Seriously.
  15. Joined
    25 Apr '06
    Moves
    22 Aug '09 10:52
    http://chessbase.com/newsdetail.asp?newsid=5650

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree