28 Mar '07 02:23
    Originally posted by cmsMaster
    Game 2261780
    Game 2968851
    Game 2261779
    Game 2968829

And my best, but still losing effort:

Game 3146852
    As you have pointed out you've had the good fortune to play some great players.

Like I said its difficult for a 1400-1600 player like myself to get the opportunity because they are not interested in playing.

I would guess you are either a moderator or a respected player because you seem to comment on many threads, so have more luck getting good players to play againt you.

Its something that is lacking form this site, the ability for an average player to play a top player.

Some may say, why would they want to?
    I don't know, practice opening variations.......
    Make the site more appealing to the vast majority of average players out there.

Maybe the moderators should take note of this thread and think of a way to give lower rated players the chance to play great players and equally give the top player the incentive to want to play a lesser player.
  2. Standard memberspud2048
    Rooney 8
    LA
    Moves
    28 Mar '07 02:26
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    Look, you can't really expect people to reply to a message just because you've sent it. Imagine someone rated 800 sent a pm to you begging for a game, would you play them just because they asked? There is a straightforward mechanism on the site for playing top players which is to join a siege queue which one of them hold - I'm currently patiently waiti ...[text shortened]... mall number of top players so don't expect one to play you unless you are prepared to wait.
    Any player that challenged me would receive a reply saying basically yes or no.
  3. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    28 Mar '07 02:26
    Originally posted by cmsMaster
    My siege didn't take long to get into, and Korch challenged me to a KG. 🙂
    It's possible to be lucky, and I think you got sympathy off Korch for the terms of the RahimK game.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Mar '07 02:27
    Look, you can't really expect people to reply to a message just because you've sent it. Imagine someone rated 800 sent a pm to you begging for a game, would you play them just because they asked? There is a straightforward mechanism on the site for playing top players which is to join a siege queue which one of them hold - I'm currently patiently waiti ...[text shortened]... mall number of top players so don't expect one to play you unless you are prepared to wait.
    If i was a member and someone offered me a game, ANYONE, as long as the time controls are fair, i'd accept.
  5. Standard memberspud2048
    Rooney 8
    LA
    Moves
    28 Mar '07 02:28
    Originally posted by David Tebb
    Well, I've been a bit busy recently, with over 40 games in progress, and when I've not been playing most of my time has been taken up with clan leadership matters. I had actually intended to reply to your message, which you sent 3 days ago and offer to play you a couple of games.

You said in your message [b]"you probably gets loads of requests and I'm ...[text shortened]... tience, you would have got those games that you were so eager to play.

But not anymore.
    Fair comment and I apologize.
  6. Joined
    26 May '02
    Moves
    28 Mar '07 02:29
    Originally posted by ih8sens
    Lol

There's proof you don't take a shot at the big guys.

Btw David Tebb, I really like your play, I was looking at some of your games, very impressive, better than your rating implies (in my mind anyways)

Edit - and if you ever would be willing to play someone like me, i'd really enjoy it.
    Thanks, that's nice of you to say so.

I am very busy at the moment. I'm involved in a lot of tournaments, some which haven't even started. So my game load is in danger of getting out of control.

I probably shouldn't accept anymore games for the time being.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Mar '07 02:33
    Thanks, that's nice of you to say so.

I am very busy at the moment. I'm involved in a lot of tournaments, some which haven't even started. So my game load is in danger of getting out of control.

I probably shouldn't accept anymore games for the time being.
    maybe some other time then, thanks.
  8. Joined
    26 May '02
    Moves
    28 Mar '07 02:34
    Originally posted by spud2048
    Fair comment and I apologize.
    No worries. It seems to be more of a misunderstanding than anything else.
  9. Standard memberspud2048
    Rooney 8
    LA
    Moves
    28 Mar '07 02:42
    No worries. It seems to be more of a misunderstanding than anything else.
    In hindsight I created an inapporpriate thread.

It should have been something more along the lines of-
    "How can we get the top players more involved with the average players in games that will benefit both"
  10. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    28 Mar '07 02:49
    Originally posted by ih8sens
    If i was a member and someone offered me a game, ANYONE, as long as the time controls are fair, i'd accept.
    I try, but there is such a thing as game load. I've currently got 3 permanent opponents of that nature (although I met them all in tournaments, rather than them pm'ing me for games) + a number of my "real life" friends as well as several siege boards and all the other games I'm involved in. I don't need more games against anyone who asks - sadly for my ego noone ever has.

I too would like to test myself against 2100+ players as well (hence the siege game I'm waiting for, and I have played a number of them in tournaments and sieges) but there are 10,000+ other players who could well be interested in doing the same - it just isn't possible for them to play everyone.
  11. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    28 Mar '07 02:51
    It's possible to be lucky, and I think you got sympathy off Korch for the terms of the RahimK game.
    That game was from before the Rahim thread, but it's possible anyhow.
  12. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    28 Mar '07 02:58
    In hindsight I created an inapporpriate thread.

It should have been something more along the lines of-
    "How can we get the top players more involved with the average players in games that will benefit both"
    lol - I avoid starting threads for just that reason!

You subscribe so join tournaments and siege queues - if you want to play a top player then eventually you will that way.
  13. Standard memberspud2048
    Rooney 8
    LA
    Moves
    28 Mar '07 03:08
    lol - I avoid starting threads for just that reason!

You subscribe so join tournaments and siege queues - if you want to play a top player then eventually you will that way.
    Your right and I do.

Its just entering tournaments you get to play lots of similar rated players and just 1 or 2 in the 1800 to 2000+ range (if your lucky).

It would be great if this site had someway of faciliting a tournment in some way that starts up with lots of lowly rated players playing highly rated, I don't know how it would work.

But I think many people would find it appealing.

Also I just wanted to play someone who's beaten Kasparov for two reasons:-
    (1) I would really try like hell in the game to see how it works out.
    (2) More importantly, I could use it as an unusual chatup line in a bar.

But my big mouth has deservadly blown that chance.
  14. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    28 Mar '07 03:12
    As you have pointed out you've had the good fortune to play some great players.

Like I said its difficult for a 1400-1600 player like myself to get the opportunity because they are not interested in playing.

I would guess you are either a moderator or a respected player because you seem to comment on many threads, so have more luck getting good player ...[text shortened]... y great players and equally give the top player the incentive to want to play a lesser player.
    I'm not a mod., and the respect bit depends on who you talk to, I just like this site a lot. 🙂
  15. Standard memberKorch
    Chess Warrior
    Riga
    Moves
    28 Mar '07 04:26
    I have been played games with other lower ranked players too - not only cmsMaster. And as he mentioned - we played that KG game before all these matters with RahimK started.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree