1. Joined
    17 Jan '06
    Moves
    31 Dec '09 17:44
    Originally posted by heinzkat
    Often after only two moves or so against a p1200 I'm already bored and fed up with the game. Talking about a short attention span ........
    The position on the board has to keep me very interested and entertained (I don't want to play any more completely, totally, easily drawn opposite colored bishop endgames in which my jerk opponent keeps playing trying to win on time) and my opponent has to be reasonably nice and respectful and close to my playing strength. When a blitz game is dead drawn I will offer a draw even if my opponent is a few seconds away from losing on time and I have several minutes. It just seems nice and sportsmanlike.

I have lost games due to being very very bored playing very weak players and letting my guard down. When weaker players play me over and over I will sometimes let my guard down as well and they might get a win due to that. Maybe subconsciously I feel sympathy for their striving to beat me.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Dec '09 19:22
    Originally posted by homedepotov
    When a blitz game is dead drawn I will offer a draw even if my opponent is a few seconds away from losing on time and I have several minutes. It just seems nice and sportsmanlike.
    The Holy Book of Blitz says it's ok to win on time in dead drawn positions.

"(...) your opponent has sacrificed time, just like sacrificing the exchange. It's your right and duty to refute that sacrifice and win." (p.214)
  3. Joined
    25 Apr '06
    Moves
    31 Dec '09 19:35

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

4. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    31 Dec '09 21:46
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    lol
    I understood this joke.
  5. Joined
    23 Sep '07
    Moves
    31 Dec '09 21:52
    I played 2 people I knew 100% were cheated. I reported them and they were banned the next day. I'm sure there's truckloads of other ones but until I play them I won't run into them or care as much or be as sure.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Dec '09 23:191 edit
    what really infuriate me is how some people actually defend those rats.
  7. Joined
    22 Oct '09
    Moves
    01 Jan '10 00:43
    Originally posted by EmLasker
    what really infuriate me is how some people actually defend those rats.
    Some people chose to defend your "rats" simply because we have more information about them. For example I know for a fact that Dan V. M. is a genuine chess player, who has put up hours of hard work into improving his chess over the past year. I also know that 3-4 years ago he was an active player in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, playing at various events, including masters tournaments in the state of Rio.
    I also know that after his rather crushing defeat in the King Gambit with Philidor he has put in massive amounts of effort in order to play that opening as he does now. Another fact I know is that his opening knowledge is very limited to the King Gambit, Sicilian Najdorf and Scheveningen, Slav - a4 lines. It is also fact that his insight into the King Gambit Bc4 line has tremendously improved my chances with that particular opening! His clan will hopefully back me up on this. Fact is that in 2006 he was rated OTB 1866. Another fact is that he was national chess champion of Namibia for u12, u14, u16 and second place for u18 back in 1994-1996. He participated in some major African cup stuff in Johannesburg, South Africa, during that period.
    I met him personally while on a business trip in Rio de Janeiro, where he was working as intern with our partner firm, the only guy there that could speak Russian. In my line of work, accurate information in everything, get your facts before gambling about another person. Your outcries are pathetic. Happy new year.
  8. Joined
    11 Jul '09
    Moves
    01 Jan '10 00:582 edits
    I normally, see, people, who's rating come from nothing and nearly no lose, and they do not stop granding, betting everyone

From the. start., I grind, but I stopped, I can,t pass the 1800 and my record are so-so; I got some good games, but most of time, when it comes to those player, I don't keep up, it do not means, I will always lose, but there is some, who see everything, every single mistake, and bang, we lose.

my rating is pretty much stable.... What I like to look, are the very good graph, who such, someone, grinding, alll the way to 2300, whitout losing....

fairly suspicious.

and yep, the blatant cheats, live in the high ranking.

Some times, I say myself, use a computer, you won't miss some small details.

Analysis board, yhelp us to play stronger,

Man, you did not had 3 minutes to play and blunders, you have 3 days. ... 3 fulls days. to analysis your game and find a mistake, in it. don't tell me, when you have not many games, you did not see something....

You can also use note-pad,

and you see, I stop taking my time, and my rating went down....
  9. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    01 Jan '10 01:20
    Originally posted by greenpawn34
    That thread about creased clothes has gone as well.

I think it was me that did that one. I am wearing creased clothes.
    It's gone to the General Forum, if you're still looking for it.
  10. ...who does not know
    Moves
    01 Jan '10 01:30
    Aaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!! My computer is getting a headache. I think I'll just go play some chess. 😛
    Eric
  11. Joined
    30 Aug '06
    Moves
    01 Jan '10 02:34
    Originally posted by AudreyxSophie
    I normally, see, people, who's rating come from nothing and nearly no lose, and they do not stop granding, betting everyone

From the. start., I grind, but I stopped, I can,t pass the 1800 and my record are so-so; I got some good games, but most of time, when it comes to those player, I don't keep up, it do not means, I will always lose, but there i ...[text shortened]... ou can also use note-pad,

and you see, I stop taking my time, and my rating went down....
    I won't argue with that.
  12. Joined
    11 Jul '09
    Moves
    01 Jan '10 02:552 edits

13. Joined
    30 Aug '06
    Moves
    01 Jan '10 03:12

14. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    01 Jan '10 03:32
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    So says the Forum Moderator.

Does blatant and obvious cheating being allowed to go on for months and/or years "reflect well on RHP"?
    Reminds me of something Hunter S Thompson said comparing Nixon and Clinton. Nixon brought the worst in, Clinton drove all but the worst out. Something like that. You can loo it up in Better than Sex
  15. Joined
    11 Jul '09
    Moves
    01 Jan '10 03:482 edits

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree