1. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    27 Oct '07 18:29
    Which one is better because I heard that the queen and knight work together really well?
  2. Standard memberEnglish Tal
    Phoneless
    Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Oct '07 18:47
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    Which one is better because I heard that the queen and knight work together really well?
    Your question is far too vague.
    As it stands, Q+R+Pawns is the answer, but it answers nothing.
  3. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    27 Oct '07 18:50
    Originally posted by English Tal
    Your question is far too vague.
    As it stands, Q+R+Pawns is the answer, but it answers nothing.
    Okay point taken. Do you know of any books that go into detail about the different endings with queens in them?
  4. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    27 Oct '07 19:07
    the queen works well with all pieces. the rook is generally more powerful thank the knight. an exception would be if you had a lot of pawns still on the board where a knight had lots of mobility to penetrat and attack and maybe win other pawns or get fork attacks. there are lots of chess ending books. every one of them will cover endings with the queen.
  5. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    27 Oct '07 19:11
    Originally posted by coquette
    the queen works well with all pieces. the rook is generally more powerful thank the knight. an exception would be if you had a lot of pawns still on the board where a knight had lots of mobility to penetrat and attack and maybe win other pawns or get fork attacks. there are lots of chess ending books. every one of them will cover endings with the queen.
    I know but every book I have with the queen endings in it has errors and says that it will because queen endings haven't been analyzed as much as other endings.
  6. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    27 Oct '07 19:13

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree