1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    03 Jan '16 18:25
    I am trying to figure out what is going on behind the scenes there. For instance, going to CNN, looking at the performance tab of task manager, it cranks in around 70% for a minute or so then cranks down to 3 or 4% CPU usage. And the same here.

But chess24.com, it averages around 60% and stays there. It has a chat window but can't type in it for all the crap going on.

Is there some way, some software that can track what is going on using all that CPU time?

I know the usual answer, don't use that site. But I was interested in being able to analyze that kind of thing on any site I visit. Any one know about those software pacs?
  2. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    03 Jan '16 19:34
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I am trying to figure out what is going on behind the scenes there. For instance, going to CNN, looking at the performance tab of task manager, it cranks in around 70% for a minute or so then cranks down to 3 or 4% CPU usage. And the same here.

But chess24.com, it averages around 60% and stays there. It has a chat window but can't type in it for all the ...[text shortened]... able to analyze that kind of thing on any site I visit. Any one know about those software pacs?
    I suspect what you mean by "all the crap going on" is advertisements which probably use a lot of cpu to display them.
    My wife uses a site which relies on advertising revenue to fund it and is always moaning about how slow it is which I suspect is the same problem
  3. Joined
    13 Jun '10
    Moves
    03 Jan '16 20:02
    fiddler is a good tool to see network traffic generated from websites.
    http://www.telerik.com/download/fiddler
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    03 Jan '16 23:03
    Originally posted by delnz
    fiddler is a good tool to see network traffic generated from websites.
    http://www.telerik.com/download/fiddler
    Thanks for that. Now if I can only understand what is going on with it๐Ÿ™‚

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree