1. Joined
    06 Apr '05
    Moves
    28 Jan '06 19:06
    I'm a film addict and want to know what other people thought of the films from last year.
    If you want to do a top five for the films already released this year then feel free.

My top 5 of 2005 are:-

1. Crash
    2. Cinderella man
    3. Batman Begins
    4. War of the Worlds
    5. The Interpreter
  2. The sky
    Moves
    28 Jan '06 19:10
    Wrong forum.
  3. Hinesville, GA
    Moves
    28 Jan '06 20:48
    Originally posted by sammy7386
    I'm a film addict and want to know what other people thought of the films from last year.
    If you want to do a top five for the films already released this year then feel free.

1. Crash
    2. Cinderella man
    3. Batman Begins
    4. War of the Worlds
    5. The Interpreter
    Man, you're crazy if you don't include MILLION DOLLAR BABY! Hillary Swank did the best job anyone could do in that role. The film had many morals to the story. It had fabric. It had the best actors and actress of our time. Anything with Clint Eastwood, Morgan Freeman and Hillary Swank rocks hard! That film will forever be a monument in the history of the art. Even the technicals were superb. The themes were continuous throughout. Sorry, I got my B.A. in English Lit and took a class on film as literature. Clearly that movie rocks!
  4. Standard memberGrandmouster
    ChessObsessed
    Earth
    Moves
    29 Jan '06 00:521 edit
    Originally posted by sammy7386

1. Crash
    2. Cinderella man
    3. Batman Begins
    4. War of the Worlds
    5. The Interpreter
    and these movies have to do with chess, in what way?...........
  5. Joined
    10 Jan '06
    Moves
    29 Jan '06 05:08
    Originally posted by Grandmouster
    they're fun to watch?
  6. Hinesville, GA
    Moves
    29 Jan '06 21:081 edit
    Originally posted by Grandmouster
    I think someone already mentioned he was out of the realms of this forum in subjective matter. Change of subject. Speaking of great chess films though, has anyone ever seen "Luzhin's Defense?" It's a great chess film, and I think all chessplayers would somewhat enjoy it. 🙂
  7. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    29 Jan '06 21:11
    Originally posted by powershaker
    I think someone already mentioned he was out of the realms of this forum in subjective matter. Change of subject. Speaking of great chess films though, has anyone ever seen "Luzhin's Defense?" It's a great chess film, and I think all chessplayers would somewhat enjoy it. 🙂
    I would go with these for chess movies:

1.searching for bobby fisher
    2.Knight moves
    3.Game over

They aren't movies to learn chess 🙂
  8. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    29 Jan '06 23:42
    Originally posted by powershaker
    Sorry thought it was a waste of time. And had very little chess in it.
  9. Joined
    28 Sep '05
    Moves
    30 Jan '06 04:02
    sorry to show my ignorance, but will anyone tell me ALL the ways to get a draw. for example, i know a king and a bishop alone will get you a draw. in many tournaments, 50 moves is a draw--how about here? Three replicated moves by both sides will do it. what else? Thanks 🙂

just learnin'
    georgedickey
  10. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    30 Jan '06 04:06
    Originally posted by georgedickey
    sorry to show my ignorance, but will anyone tell me ALL the ways to get a draw. for example, i know a king and a bishop alone will get you a draw. in many tournaments, 50 moves is a draw--how about here? Three replicated moves by both sides will do it. what else? Thanks 🙂

just learnin'
    georgedickey
    Wrong thread. Make a new one and I will answer 🙂
  11. Joined
    28 Sep '05
    Moves
    30 Jan '06 04:07
    also, if an opponent only makes one move and gets timed out, will he lose?
  12. Joined
    28 Sep '05
    Moves
    30 Jan '06 04:11
    what do you mean "wrong thread"?
  13. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    30 Jan '06 04:16
    Originally posted by georgedickey
    what do you mean "wrong thread"?
    This is the rate your top 5 films thread even though its not suppose to be here.

Make a new one about draws in the chess forum and I will answer
  14. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    30 Jan '06 05:01
    Originally posted by RahimK
    I would go with these for chess movies:

1.searching for bobby fisher
    2.Knight moves
    3.Game over

They aren't movies to learn chess 🙂
    Game Over better only be getting number 3 because you haven't seen any other chess movies. It's full of sensationalist crap and misdirection.
  15. Under Cover
    Moves
    30 Jan '06 05:50
    Silman wrote a pretty good article at his website regarding the chess game from Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. Not really a chess movie, but then this really isn't a Chess thread...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree