1. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    30 Dec '06 22:11
    Originally posted by zebano
    While it's nice that your opponents allowed you to avoid timeouts, it's rather unfair to the other tournament participants who had to fight their way through to round 3 that you and your opponent got by so easily. Now if you're 30 moves into both games and they are drawn/drawish, then go ahead and draw them, but these are akin to the grandmaster draws everyone so despises.
    Not easy. We still had to actually beat the others to get through and the agreed draws could mean we both missed out. It did not work out that way but it could have.

If you want to win strategy matters and it is better to agree draws than rush a game (playing poorly) or concede timeouts. The circumstances were exceptional (I was getting married) and I would have played them if I had to (and got divorced, again!).

Yes it is similar to a GM draw but it doesn't seem an unreasonable thing to do if within the TOS.
  2. Standard memberwargamer66
    Steve B.
    Salt Lake City
    Moves
    30 Dec '06 22:32
    Originally posted by briancron
    I have two clan games against this guy...

It's like having to wrestle somone who doesn't shower.

One of my games is only at 1 half move so I am debating resigning it to avoid the possible point loss

*edit*
    I was able to resign those games without losing points so I did it... I don't want to have to drag a game out just hopeing his rating will c ...[text shortened]... He should manage his time better so he dials down his gameload when he is going on vaction.
    Ugh, aren't you supposed to attempt to win in clan games?

Personally, I dont worry about timing point losses or gains....how important is a rating, really?
  3. Joined
    01 Feb '06
    Moves
    30 Dec '06 22:42
    Originally posted by wargamer66
    how important is a rating, really?

Quite important it seems, if you look at the open invites most 1000 rated players want to play >2300 players for some strange reason.....
  4. Donationbriancron
    nunquam perdo
    Washington, DC
    Moves
    30 Dec '06 22:48
    Ugh, aren't you supposed to attempt to win in clan games?

Personally, I dont worry about timing point losses or gains....how important is a rating, really?
    I get what you are saying and I am sure you can find a few posts in here where I say the same thing.

I play people who are rated far above or below me all of the time. Lately, however, I have cut down on my games in progress so I could try to top my rating out. I am sure I will lose games and points but for me playing somone who just had a 900 point swing is undesireable.

I didn't chose this game it just appeared in a clan challenge. I guess this is the down side to the new 1 year rule for banded tourneys ratings
  5. Standard memberwargamer66
    Steve B.
    Salt Lake City
    Moves
    31 Dec '06 06:56
    Makes sense, I suppose its good to have a rating that reflects your actual strength. I have the opposite problem, I am artificially inflated because I got 50 points from forfeits from an engine user (blackjack)... Not too happy about that.
  6. Joined
    30 Oct '05
    Moves
    31 Dec '06 07:25
    Makes sense, I suppose its good to have a rating that reflects your actual strength. I have the opposite problem, I am artificially inflated because I got 50 points from forfeits from an engine user (blackjack)... Not too happy about that.
    I thought you weren't supposed to gain points from banned players. Any reason why you got them?
  7. Joined
    14 Dec '06
    Moves
    31 Dec '06 11:58
    Originally posted by briancron
    It's like having to wrestle somone who doesn't shower.
    Haha, what a good comparison! 🙂 I have to remember that one.
  8. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    31 Dec '06 13:51
    Originally posted by Ramiri15
    I thought you weren't supposed to gain points from banned players. Any reason why you got them?
    he clicked the skull. you don't get points from the games the admins resign...
  9. Standard memberwargamer66
    Steve B.
    Salt Lake City
    Moves
    31 Dec '06 16:41
    Originally posted by wormwood
    he clicked the skull. you don't get points from the games the admins resign...
    right

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree