1. Joined
    17 Dec '02
    Moves
    11 Feb '06 17:14
    I've just finished reading all of Seirawan's 6-book "Winning Chess..." series a few days ago. In the mail today, I received Silman's 'How to Reassess Your Chess' and 'The Amateur's Mind'. Which should I read first? Thanks in advance.
  2. Standard memberAmaurote
    No Name Maddox
    County Doledrum
    Moves
    11 Feb '06 17:17
    Originally posted by magnublm
    I've just finished reading all of Seirawan's 6-book "Winning Chess..." series a few days ago. In the mail today, I received Silman's 'How to Reassess Your Chess' and 'The Amateur's Mind'. Which should I read first? Thanks in advance.
    You're welcome!
  3. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    11 Feb '06 17:26
    Originally posted by magnublm
    Silman himself recommends that you begin with the first two sections of How to Reassess Your Chess (through page 34), then work through The Amateur's Mind before returning to Reassess. He made these suggestions in an email to Dan Heisman, which Heisman has pasted onto his website, and he made the same suggestion to me when I emailed him with the question a few years ago.

Sadly, I've been terribly slow in following his advice, and am only now working through The Amateur's Mind. On the other hand, Silman's lessons on king and pawn endgames in the first section of Reassess Your Chess forms a critical element in the foundation of the chess skills I teach to youth.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree