Regular time controls

Regular time controls

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cryptic

Behind the scenes

Moves
16 Sep 21

Hello - Does anyone here know of a site offering standard time controls for online OTB events, such as G/60 or slower? My local organization used to offer them, but no more.

G

Moves
16 Sep 21
1 edit

@mchill said
Hello - Does anyone here know of a site offering standard time controls for online OTB events, such as G/60 or slower? My local organization used to offer them, but no more.
I play some G60 at (the name of the game we play in English).com

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
17 Sep 21

Unfortunately, on the Live Chess here, some people are cheating.

One even bragged about it during a game with me today.

Cryptic

Behind the scenes

Moves
17 Sep 21
2 edits

@bigdogg said
Unfortunately, on the Live Chess here, some people are cheating.

One even bragged about it during a game with me today.
Gambrel and Big Dog - Thanks for the info. It looks like OTB will be a mess for some time to come until this virus fades sufficiently to hold regular tournaments. No big deal I guess. Still many resources out there with which to hone one's skills.

Back to the board and the Woodpecker Method. 🙂

Jack Torrance

Overlook Hotel

Moves
26 Sep 21

@mchill said
Chess.com have a facility where you can customise the time for the game.

Cryptic

Behind the scenes

Moves
27 Sep 21

@the-gravedigger said
Chess.com have a facility where you can customise the time for the game.
Thanks, yes I know. I play there regularly. Finding opponents wanting to play a game over 30 min. however can be a long wait. No big deal. 30 min games are not a bad training tool. 🙂

Moves
30 Sep 21

I play 45/45 over there. It's one of the standard time controls and not that hard to find a game. Sometimes you have to wait for a bit.

Moves
30 Sep 21

@mchill

I'm not sure if this is an option for you, but real-world OTB chess is starting to come back, certainly in the UK.

With the advantage of a real-world pub afterwards.