1. Joined
    06 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Mar '08 00:16
    In the case of playing strangers:
    Should the winner or loser ask for a rematch or does it matter?
    If you have won multiple games against an opponent is it inappropriate to ask for another?
  2. Joined
    01 Mar '08
    Moves
    18 Mar '08 00:21
    In my world, it is always appropriate to offer at least one extra game to allow your opponent to switch colors. It is also always appropriate for an opponent to simply decline politely without giving a reason. I would hesitate to offer a third game after winning two, but I would accept a third game if offered and I thought it would be worthwhile. OTOH, I wouldn't run up a big score against a single opponent.
  3. Joined
    26 Jul '06
    Moves
    18 Mar '08 00:26
    Originally posted by CEE DOG
    If you have won multiple games against an opponent is it inappropriate to ask for another?
    Not that it happens often, but if I've beat someone two or more times, I find their requests for a rematch annoying. Also annoying if I beat them relatively badly. I never request a rematch. If I've been beat, I need to learn more before playing that person again, if I've won, I can't learn any more from them. Exceptions to the rule - close games, and people I know, or people I like playing against. Usually the latter are people who I regularly win and lose against pretty evenly.
  4. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    18 Mar '08 01:16
    Practice catch and release: one rematch is an acceptable request from either player. Endless games against the same opponent are tiresome.
  5. Joined
    26 Jun '06
    Moves
    18 Mar '08 01:26
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    Endless games against the same opponent are tiresome.
    http://www.playtheimmortalgame.com/core/viewpublicgames.php?p1name=honus&p2name=irontigran&showgamescode=A&Search=Search 😳
  6. Joined
    04 Jul '06
    Moves
    18 Mar '08 13:36
    if I lose and I ask for a rematch but I do not get one I smell fear
  7. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    18 Mar '08 13:50
    If I had won a (or more) game I offer him politely a rematch by mail like "I'm open to a rematich, if you want." and put him in my buddy list so he doesn't get a refusal by the system.
  8. Joined
    06 Sep '07
    Moves
    18 Mar '08 17:191 edit
    As far I`m concerned I have never asked for a rematch and on the occasions I have been asked I have always accepted with one exception which was a clan challenge I got slaughtered in, my opponent had the nerve to ask if I wanted another clan challenge! (Easy points for him), this was cheeky so I declined.

I particularly welcome more games from players who chat/banter in a friendly manner regardless of rating, however due to the sheer number of different opponents you can have here I see no reason to ask for rematches myself.

As for ettiquette, I reckon that the only time it should be frowned upon is after heavily beating an opponent as both white and black, any other time is quite fine imo and I would never be offended if an opponent did not accept.
  9. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    18 Mar '08 19:081 edit
    Originally posted by CEE DOG
    If you have already won multiple games, meaning more than two, why would you want to continue to challenge, because you know you can win?
    There should be some sporsmanship, look for a stronger opponent, they are usually easy to find, I have managed to do so over a 1000 times 😉 !
  10. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    19 Mar '08 01:35
    I have several folk that I have permenant ongoing games with that started this way.
    Now I never offer and rarely refuse unless gameload/time available is a problem.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree