1. Joined
    13 Aug '08
    Moves
    14 Jan '09 17:56
    after winning a game, is it the norm to accept a rematch immediately ?
  2. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    14 Jan '09 18:13
    Originally posted by odoodsdudes
    It´s not compulsory.
  3. Joined
    13 Aug '08
    Moves
    14 Jan '09 19:06
    the reason is ive just beat a player with a higher rating than me and it seems that they want their points back [most likely to aswell] if i dont want to play them just yet , what do i do with the game ?
  4. Joined
    15 Apr '08
    Moves
    14 Jan '09 19:07
    accept it and beat him again!
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    14 Jan '09 19:08
    put it in the trash.
  6. Joined
    06 Sep '07
    Moves
    14 Jan '09 19:121 edit
    I usually do if I get asked, I never actually request one myself though, I dont think there is a rule as such, just personal choice.
  7. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    15 Jan '09 05:101 edit
    the reason is ive just beat a player with a higher rating than me and it seems that they want their points back [most likely to aswell] if i dont want to play them just yet , what do i do with the game ?
    He won't get his points back by beating you in a rematch. Because he's higher rated, he loses many more points by losing to you than he'll gain by beating you.

Personally, I never accept challenges unless the other person PMs me (as it says in my profile). I know it's accepted practice very often and there's nothing really wrong with it, but I consider it ever so slightly rude to challenge someone without also PMing them to say hi and ask for the game.
  8. Standard memberKorch
    Chess Warrior
    Riga
    Moves
    15 Jan '09 07:57
    In Playchess it`s considered as norm (of course there are some jerks who runs away after first game, but they are minority). Especially playing blitz/bullet.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '07
    Moves
    15 Jan '09 12:02
    Originally posted by Korch
    In Playchess it`s considered as norm (of course there are some jerks who runs away after first game, but they are minority). Especially playing blitz/bullet.
    Rematches are definitely normal for blitz, in my experience (on ICC, for instance), but not as much for slower games.
  10. Standard memberKorch
    Chess Warrior
    Riga
    Moves
    15 Jan '09 12:051 edit
    Originally posted by Erekose
    Rematches are definitely normal for blitz, in my experience (on ICC, for instance), but not as much for slower games.
    It depends what we consider as "much slower". If 60 min games then I agree. If 15 min games then no.
  11. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    15 Jan '09 12:10
    In fact I normally offer a rematch, and if the player was lower rated an unrated game. But then there are situations where I won't play someone. I normally post a note if I trash a game.
  12. Standard memberLukerik
    Stick your hands up
    Your bum
    Moves
    15 Jan '09 12:25
    I'd take the match. You can obviously beat him. Why not pick up a few more rating points?
  13. Joined
    19 Feb '02
    Moves
    15 Jan '09 12:30
    It depends what we consider as "much slower". If 60 min games then I agree. If 15 min games then no.
    You mean 15 minutes each? So the game can last 30 minutes. I don't always have the time or mood to play that long. So I would definitely not consider someone a jerk or unfair if they would not accept a rematch.
    And I also feel like this for shorter time periods. Just find someone else to play.
  14. Joined
    13 Aug '08
    Moves
    15 Jan '09 16:07
    ive accepted the rematch, i can only gain.
  15. Standard memberpeacedog
    Highlander
    SEAsia
    Moves
    15 Jan '09 17:31
    Hmmm. I fail to see why you would consider someone who doesn’t want a rematch a jerk. Could be many reasons why they decide not to play. One of them could be that they don’t want to play with a guy who calls anyone who wont play on demand a jerk.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree