1. I pity the fool!
    Moves
    15 Jan '09 18:43
    Originally posted by peacedog
    Hmmm. I fail to see why you would consider someone who doesn’t want a rematch a jerk. Could be many reasons why they decide not to play. One of them could be that they don’t want to play with a guy who calls anyone who wont play on demand a jerk.
    Usually in bullet it means they have managed to time you out just before getting mated and then run off to celebrate like a big faggot.

On here I get past the problem of rematches by playing two games against almost every opponent - that way if I lose both games there is no way I am going to ask for more beatings.
  2. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    15 Jan '09 19:01
    Originally posted by Tyrannosauruschex
    Usually in bullet it means they have managed to time you out just before getting mated and then run off to celebrate like a big faggot.

Or maybe your opponent heard the baby screaming or had to get back to work and has to go or simply doesn't want to play another game because he's too tired. Why would you assume the worst about people?
  3. Standard memberpeacedog
    Highlander
    SEAsia
    Moves
    15 Jan '09 22:33

On here I get past the problem of rematches by playing two games against almost every opponent - that way if I lose both games there is no way I am going to ask for more beatings.
    I find this most interesting.

I’ve played blitz and bullet on the Internet for about 10 years and I’ve been called jerk, faggot and many more unsavoury things because I like just one game against an opponent and then move on to the next player.

Why is this?

I don’t understand why no rematch would bother anyone. It doesn’t seem to be about the result either. I’ve been insulted by both winners and losers.

Maybe its about the anonymity of the Internet. People are braver when they are not face to face with someone. That might explain why I have never encountered it in OTB blitz.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '07
    Moves
    15 Jan '09 22:54
    Originally posted by Korch
    It depends what we consider as "much slower". If 60 min games then I agree. If 15 min games then no.
    That's exactly what I meant.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '07
    Moves
    15 Jan '09 23:05
    Getting to Peacedog's point, too, somehow playing two games, one as black and one as white on this site seems like enough to me, where I don't really feel the need to rematch or feel very obligated to give one.

In blitz, I think there is an element of politeness to rematches because blitz has so much of a time element to it. Its not really luck, but its easy to lose a game or two to really dumb mistakes (or on time trying to avoid a really dumb mistake). Playing more than just one game helps reduce the "luck" part of blitz. Also, rematches are one way to say "I enjoyed playing with you".
  6. washington
    Moves
    16 Jan '09 00:17
    Why not? if you have experience to gain from then, then yes. Points don't mean as much as people hold them too. I have lost to enough people rated 1500 even though I'm 1700-1800. You still have a chance to win.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '07
    Moves
    16 Jan '09 01:26
    Well, one reason not to give too many rematches is that I prefer to play a large variety of players, not the same ones over and over. Its more interesting that way and is one of the really fun parts of internet chess.
  8. Joined
    13 Aug '08
    Moves
    30 Jan '09 06:25
    I did it! i beat him again

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree