Removal of Grumpy101

Removal of Grumpy101

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

m

Moves
11 Aug 06

Originally posted by 7ate9
well, if you weren't playing your pathetic little mind-games do you think it would have happened?
Yes, lets blame the cops and not the robber. The robber is just a poor victim that was fooled

If your friend did not try to cheat, he would not have been banned. Case closed

Jew.

Moves
11 Aug 06

Jew.

Moves
11 Aug 06
1 edit

Jew.

Moves
11 Aug 06

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
11 Aug 06

i'm pointing out what's the difference? in one situation it's OK and in the other the user get's banned. i'm asking why it takes on a different meaning?

it's also crossing the same lines threatening to smack someone in the head. no?

i even said to belgium freak in the xanthos thread about that case of harassment after BF said he would take a look at any ...[text shortened]... xanthos to get another user banned for crossing a line when he's crossing lines himself.
Catch XNZ cheating at chess, and then you may say he is crossing the same line as the banned grumpy101.

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
11 Aug 06

what did grumpy steal..... NOTHING????????
Rating points. At least, he intended to steal them.

DF
Lord of all beasts

searching for truth

Moves
11 Aug 06

Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
Catch XNZ cheating at chess, and then you may say he is crossing the same line as the banned grumpy101.
Entrapment?

When the police do it the Courts look on them with disapproval.

The criminal gets off on a technicality and the officer responsible is disiplined and may even lose his job.

On this basis XNZ is sailing very close to the wind and grumpy101 has not actually done anything wrong (yet!) - since when was it a crime to think about a crime?

m

Moves
11 Aug 06

what did grumpy steal..... NOTHING????????
Asking for someone's username and password is the fist step to identity theft IMO. Even if you wasn't going to steal points, he was trying to gain information to login as someone he wasn't.

It is pretty clear you have an axe to grind. Stop trying to hide behind this incident

m

Moves
11 Aug 06

Originally posted by Dragon Fire
Entrapment?
Ask any network administrator what they think about someone calling one of their users and asking for that users username and password. Perhaps you can test it out by calling your local police and asking one of their officers for his username and password to their system. I am sure it will not turn out that well.

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
12 Aug 06

Entrapment?

When the police do it the Courts look on them with disapproval.

The criminal gets off on a technicality and the officer responsible is disiplined and may even lose his job.

On this basis XNZ is sailing very close to the wind and grumpy101 has not actually done anything wrong (yet!) - since when was it a crime to think about a crime?
It would be entrapment if I PMed Grumpy without prompting and told him I was leaving and whether he wanted to use my account to boost his rating. Except that's not what happened. I only said I was leaving (after he asked people who were leaving to PM him) and he asked if he could cheat using my account/

And no it isn't a crime to think about committing a crime. It is however, one to attempt to commit one. And Grumpy did. He tried to log in under the fake name and password I gave him, he set up games with me that he told me to lose to 4 move mate. Would you suggest that cheating only counts if it is successful?

DF
Lord of all beasts

searching for truth

Moves
12 Aug 06

Originally posted by XanthosNZ
It would be entrapment if I PMed Grumpy without prompting and told him I was leaving and whether he wanted to use my account to boost his rating. Except that's not what happened. I only said I was leaving (after he asked people who were leaving to PM him) and he asked if he could cheat using my account/

And no it isn't a crime to think about committing ...[text shortened]... ld me to lose to 4 move mate. Would you suggest that cheating only counts if it is successful?
I don't really know grumpy so it is difficult to comment on his motivation but perhaps he was pulling your leg.

After all if you are rated 1200 I can think of easier ways to get your rating up.

Like, for example, you get your best friend who is a patzer and rated p1200 to open an account then you thrash him 12 times. Then you get your 2nd best friend to do likewise, etc. Is this breaking the rules? Probably not!

OK you get your rating up to about 1600 after playing dozens of these pointless games but what have you proved? Your mates all now have ratings of about 800 and as soon as you play a half way decent player you lose.

If the point of joining RHP is to play chess and improve you have failed. If it is to enjoy a few good games you have failed. In fact I cannot think of anything you have succeeded at. A rather pointless excercise.

Can you enlighten me on what exactly would have been achieved here by grumpy? It seems so pointless.

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
12 Aug 06

I don't really know grumpy so it is difficult to comment on his motivation but perhaps he was pulling your leg.

After all if you are rated 1200 I can think of easier ways to get your rating up.

Like, for example, you get your best friend who is a patzer and rated p1200 to open an account then you thrash him 12 times. Then you get your 2nd best frie ...[text shortened]... ou enlighten me on what exactly would have been achieved here by grumpy? It seems so pointless.
I have no idea what he hoped to achieve. You'd have to ask someone who got caught trying to do similar without the help of other people (setting up extra accounts and beating them 20 times). Frankly I don't care what he hoped to gain. He tried to cheat and got banned.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
12 Aug 06

Originally posted by HomerJSimpson
Good posting, I think alot of people are tired of NZ's high school crap
It is NZ's "high school crap" that makes him so endearing to those of us similarly disposed. Surprising that a person who uses HomerJSimpson as a template of good taste and decorum would have the temerity to call NZ on the carpet. Such is the strange world of anonymity, I suppose.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
12 Aug 06

Or, "her." Whichever.

Jew.

Moves
12 Aug 06