1. Joined
    12 Aug '06
    Moves
    02 Aug '07 19:31
    Have you ever done it? Did you ever consider it? I suppose I will do it if my games become too much, in order to have a fresh start...
  2. Joined
    21 Feb '06
    Moves
    02 Aug '07 19:34
    yep --- several times
  3. Joined
    02 Aug '07
    Moves
    02 Aug '07 19:49
    everyone forfeits sometimes,but only when theyr'e losing. NOT when theyr'e bored.
  4. Standard memberLordofADown
    King of all Hills
    Connecticut
    Moves
    02 Aug '07 19:51
    I've resigned plenty of games in which I was ahead.
  5. Joined
    02 Aug '07
    Moves
    02 Aug '07 19:52
    Originally posted by LordofADown
    I've resigned plenty of games in which I was ahead.
    bad idea🙁
  6. Joined
    26 Nov '03
    Moves
    02 Aug '07 20:10
    Originally posted by pkerpk
    everyone forfeits sometimes,but only when theyr'e losing. NOT when theyr'e bored.
    Think wider, I resigned a lot of games on gameknot, not because I was losing (in fact I played 90% of them to a winning position) but because I decided I wanted a basis change i.e. to play in an otb style (with rhp as a back up cc style). I actually got a few problems over there as players didn't like me resigning winning positions against them.
  7. Joined
    01 Nov '06
    Moves
    02 Aug '07 20:10
    Why dont you just resign half or something
  8. Joined
    02 Aug '07
    Moves
    02 Aug '07 20:121 edit
    Originally posted by stevetodd
    Think wider, I resigned a lot of games on gameknot, not because I was losing (in fact I played 90% of them to a winning position) but because I decided I wanted a basis change i.e. to play in an otb style (with rhp as a back up cc style). I actually got a few problems over there as players didn't like me resigning winning positions against them.
    What's the point of that?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! I mean why forfeit because your'e bored?!?! While youv'e got a life make good use of it!
  9. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    02 Aug '07 20:26
    Originally posted by pkerpk
    What's the point of that?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! I mean why forfeit because your'e bored?!?! While youv'e got a life make good use of it!
    you've got 24 moves under your belt. when you've played 50+ simultaneous games for months, you will know why.
  10. Standard memberRamned
    The Rams
    Moves
    02 Aug '07 20:54
    Originally posted by anthias
    Have you ever done it? Did you ever consider it? I suppose I will do it if my games become too much, in order to have a fresh start...
    That's wierd. Why don't you just keep your "load" in moderation?
  11. Standard memberwittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    Cocoa Mountains
    Moves
    02 Aug '07 21:02
    Originally posted by wormwood
    you've got 24 moves under your belt. when you've played 50+ simultaneous games for months, you will know why.
    😉

Sometimes even 20+ can do it to you, especially if those games are difficult ones...
  12. Joined
    12 Aug '06
    Moves
    02 Aug '07 21:16
    I sometimes open new games when I finish a new book or study an opening. I regret it afterwards.
  13. London
    Moves
    02 Aug '07 21:22
    I resigned something like 350 games back in Christmas 2004 and my rating dropped to 538 or something rediculous like that.
  14. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    02 Aug '07 22:33
    If I have too many games to cope with I just blitz them until the number drops. That means a few blunders and a few lost games but better that than conceding without a fight.
  15. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    02 Aug '07 22:45
    It's not fair to lower rated players for you to resign all of your games. Think about it. If you resign all 50 games you have current your rating will drop significantly. People that are much lower rated than you will accept challenges or challenge you thinking that the new rating is your real one. Sure you'll win most of the games but it will be because you're playing lower rated players, not because you got any better. They'll lose, not because they were up against a similar player, but because they played someone much higher, but sandbagging.
    It's better to just not take any more games on until you finish some.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree