1. Behind you...
    Moves
    15 Mar '06 13:56
    One of the little glitches with this site is that you can't save a Notebook change in a game that's still awaiting your move, for whatever reason. Well I just figured out that if you type whatever the message is into your Notebook, then click "Submit Move" (without actually making a move), then it will save whatever change you made.

Just for your reference.

-Kev
  2. 127.0.0.1
    Moves
    15 Mar '06 14:091 edit
    Hey thanks, thats been bugging me for awhile.

Edit: a wonder if you can message your opponent that way, and what happens if you do it multiple times?
  3. Milton Keynes, UK
    Moves
    15 Mar '06 14:35
    Originally posted by zebano
    Edit: a wonder if you can message your opponent that way, and what happens if you do it multiple times?
    I doubt it, because of the way that the messages are stored each move. The database would only store one message per move unless Russ programmed it in a very strange way.

Notebooks work differently in that it stores its content per game.
  4. The sky
    Moves
    15 Mar '06 16:33
    Originally posted by seraphimvulture
    One of the little glitches with this site is that you can't save a Notebook change in a game that's still awaiting your move, for whatever reason. Well I just figured out that if you type whatever the message is into your Notebook, then click "Submit Move" (without actually making a move), then it will save whatever change you made.

Just for your reference.

-Kev
    Yes, this was introduced in the new board code. It should be explained somewhere, as it's not all that natural.
  5. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    15 Mar '06 19:48
    Originally posted by zebano
    Hey thanks, thats been bugging me for awhile.

It tries to send a move and fails as you haven't made one same as if you tried to make an illegal move.
  6. Behind you...
    Moves
    15 Mar '06 23:51
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    Yes, this was introduced in the new board code. It should be explained somewhere, as it's not all that natural.
    Here I thought I stumbled upon something cool. 🙁 I feel like Billy Crystal in City Slickers II.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree