1. Standard membersundown316
    The Mighty Messenger
    The Wood of N'Kai
    Moves
    03 Apr '11 11:56
    I am quitting chess for an indefinate period,probably for good. I am putting up a lot of my chess book collection up for sale on eBay. If you are interested look up a seller named jonahhex316. I only take PayPal as payment,and there are many countries I will NOT ship to,so check my exclusions list before bidding. I have books on all chess subjects,and great authors like Chernev,Pandolfini,Purdy,Averbakh,Nunn,Silman. I will be putting stuff up in blocks of about 50 at a time,so keep checking back,or send me a message about specific items I might have.
  2. Joined
    20 Jan '07
    Moves
    03 Apr '11 13:01
    Originally posted by sundown316
    I am quitting chess for an indefinate period,probably for good. I am putting up a lot of my chess book collection up for sale on eBay. If you are interested look up a seller named jonahhex316. I only take PayPal as payment,and there are many countries I will NOT ship to,so check my exclusions list before bidding. I have books on all chess subjects,and gre ...[text shortened]... about 50 at a time,so keep checking back,or send me a message about specific items I might have.
    Blocks of 50!! How many do you have? And how come you are not a great deal stronger than your rating would suggest? I have to admit to reading a lot of chess literature myself with very little effect on my game but my collection is not in your league. 30 books in total.
  3. Standard membersundown316
    The Mighty Messenger
    The Wood of N'Kai
    Moves
    03 Apr '11 13:18
    I have close to a thousand books,all but about 100 of which I am selling. I was pretty strong in my peak years(2060 USCF),but as I lost interest in the game,and the desire to improve,I slipped down to about 1800 USCF. I'm quitting because I am playing like a total moron,blundering away games to people I should beat 100 games out of a 100. If I can't do any better than that,then I don't want to play anymore
  4. Joined
    16 Oct '09
    Moves
    03 Apr '11 15:29
    You need some weed
  5. Standard membersundown316
    The Mighty Messenger
    The Wood of N'Kai
    Moves
    03 Apr '11 16:59
    Originally posted by Maxacre42
    You need some weed
    I never indulged,I left that stupidity to my brother
  6. Joined
    13 Oct '04
    Moves
    03 Apr '11 17:17
    I have close to a thousand books,all but about 100 of which I am selling. I was pretty strong in my peak years(2060 USCF),but as I lost interest in the game,and the desire to improve,I slipped down to about 1800 USCF. I'm quitting because I am playing like a total moron,blundering away games to people I should beat 100 games out of a 100. If I can't do any better than that,then I don't want to play anymore
    Have you tried doing some tactical exercises to sharpen up your tactics?
    That should take care of those blunders...
    I cant imagine myself ever quitting chess.
  7. Standard membersundown316
    The Mighty Messenger
    The Wood of N'Kai
    Moves
    03 Apr '11 18:13
    Originally posted by LordOfTheChessboard
    Have you tried doing some tactical exercises to sharpen up your tactics?
    That should take care of those blunders...
    I cant imagine myself ever quitting chess.
    It's not that,Lord-I'm bored silly with the game to boot. I've accomplished a few things on the 64 squares,won some pretty good games,lost too many bad ones to recollect,just nothing left for me to strive for.
  8. Joined
    08 Sep '06
    Moves
    04 Apr '11 09:07
    I never indulged,I left that stupidity to my brother
    "....mainly into the paranormal,doing ghost hunts ...."

lol
  9. c6
    Moves
    04 Apr '11 10:39
    Originally posted by polux
    "....mainly into the paranormal,doing ghost hunts ...."

lol
    Regarding non-chess related comments and criticisms:

I just want to remind everyone that this is the Only Chess board.
  10. Standard membersundown316
    The Mighty Messenger
    The Wood of N'Kai
    Moves
    06 Apr '11 22:44
    Sorry,should have clarified. When I said blocks of 50,I should have said 50 books at a time,not in one bunch. I do have multiple books by one author that I will only sell as a set.
  11. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    06 Apr '11 23:41
    I'm finding your locality and that to the intended seller a little confusing as the seller is listed as 'location: U.S' yet is a 'Malaysian Seller'..I guess what's confusing me further is your U.S flag and the U.K websites indicating you're presently in England or Wales..if I were to bid and win on something, where exactly would they be dispatched from or perhaps I've missed the obvious.. as is often the case 😉
  12. Standard membersundown316
    The Mighty Messenger
    The Wood of N'Kai
    Moves
    07 Apr '11 00:02
    Originally posted by RevRSleeker
    I'm finding your locality and that to the intended seller a little confusing as the seller is listed as 'location: U.S' yet is a 'Malaysian Seller'..I guess what's confusing me further is your U.S flag and the U.K websites indicating you're presently in England or Wales..if I were to bid and win on something, where exactly would they be dispatched from or perhaps I've missed the obvious.. as is often the case 😉
    Malaysian???? No,I'm in the United States,tho I also list my stuff on eBay UK,to increase my visibility on the site.
  13. Kalispell, MT
    Moves
    07 Apr '11 19:32
    Do you have any Tartakower texts you'd be willing to separate with?

I'm interested in Tartakower, Tarrasch, and Rubenstein, if you have any volumes available-I'd "buy it now"

Also, I'm interested in your Chernev collection - but you have no pictures to exemplify their condition. Can you either email or post pictures of them?

-GIN
  14. Standard membersundown316
    The Mighty Messenger
    The Wood of N'Kai
    Moves
    07 Apr '11 21:14
    Originally posted by Nowakowski
    Do you have any Tartakower texts you'd be willing to separate with?

I'm interested in Tartakower, Tarrasch, and Rubenstein, if you have any volumes available-I'd "buy it now"

Also, I'm interested in your Chernev collection - but you have no pictures to exemplify their condition. Can you either email or post pictures of them?

-GIN
    Right now,all I have of what you ask for is Tarrasch 300 Games,the Dover edition. As per the rest,I have neither the camera equipment or the computer know-how to download and post photos.
  15. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    07 Apr '11 21:53
    Malaysian???? No,I'm in the United States,tho I also list my stuff on eBay UK,to increase my visibility on the site.
    You're in the US but you take part in ghost hunts in the UK and Wales?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree