Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

  1. 23 Mar '07 16:16
    Is there any kudos associated with particular boards? i can't understand why some boards are more popular than others, especially Red board 1/0 where 45 people are waiting for a board that hasn't played for over a year?
  2. 23 Mar '07 16:33
    Originally posted by raiox
    Is there any kudos associated with particular boards? i can't understand why some boards are more popular than others, especially Red board 1/0 where 45 people are waiting for a board that hasn't played for over a year?
    I don't understand why there are no autotimeouts and autostarts on sieges.
  3. Standard member Dragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    23 Mar '07 17:07
    Strange. This should be very quick with 1/0 time limit but it looks as if the next game just hasn't started. Not sure what makes it start and then timeout. Surely white should be timed out if he does not move.
  4. 23 Mar '07 17:14
    Originally posted by Dragon Fire
    Strange. This should be very quick with 1/0 time limit but it looks as if the next game just hasn't started. Not sure what makes it start and then timeout. Surely white should be timed out if he does not move.
    Not if the other person doesn't do it....
  5. Standard member leisurelysloth
    Man of Steel
    23 Mar '07 17:31
    Originally posted by zebano
    I don't understand why there are no autotimeouts and autostarts on sieges.
    This is a good point and should probably be in the site ideas forum. I just sent feedback asking Russ/Chris to clear this up. It's crazy for siege boards to sit empty like that.
  6. 23 Mar '07 17:46
    Originally posted by leisurelysloth
    This is a good point and should probably be in the site ideas forum. I just sent feedback asking Russ/Chris to clear this up. It's crazy for siege boards to sit empty like that.
    Like this??

    Thread 58444
  7. Subscriber Russ
    RHP Code Monkey
    26 Mar '07 15:06 / 1 edit
    This will be sorted out shortly. Auto-starts will occur. (And it should have been that way from the start)

    -Russ
  8. Subscriber Marinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    26 Mar '07 15:25
    Originally posted by Dragon Fire
    Strange. This should be very quick with 1/0 time limit but it looks as if the next game just hasn't started. Not sure what makes it start and then timeout. Surely white should be timed out if he does not move.
    It is because this board existed under the old sytem (were there were FAR less boards to choose from). The people in the que are left over from then...