1. Domincan Republic
    Moves
    09 Aug '07 04:57
    Next saturday 25th comes an IM to my city to offer a simultaneous exibition, and I think I will play agaist him, any advice some who have had this experience.

PS:
    I know I wont beat him but at least I can try.
  2. Standard memberwittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    Cocoa Mountains
    Moves
    09 Aug '07 05:54
    Originally posted by Superman
    Next saturday 25th comes an IM to my city to offer a simultaneous exibition, and I think I will play agaist him, any advice some who have had this experience.

PS:
    I went to a camp one summer and played an IM in a simul...

Nothing really special about it, though. You could ask yourself, since in a sense, you are playing a simul by playing multiple games on RHP at once.
  3. back in business
    Moves
    09 Aug '07 07:27
    i have played in simul againt top-GM and I have given simul to...well...under 1600 players. Its nothing special, you are lot weaker and you will lose no matter what. Best you can hope is to have good even game.
  4. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    09 Aug '07 07:48
    Originally posted by Jusuh
    i have played in simul againt top-GM and I have given simul to...well...under 1600 players. Its nothing special, you are lot weaker and you will lose no matter what. Best you can hope is to have good even game.
    You can beat a GM in a simul. I once got myself into an "easy win" against a Russian GM then after a few moves in my "won" position, as the number of boards reduced, he suddenly started blitzing everyone else and getting back to me quickly.

The rules stated that I had to move as soon as he came to my board whilst he could spend as much time as he wanted thinking once he got there. I found this unfair as I was now playing the blitz and he took ages over each move and of course I blundered and eventually lost.

If I had been able to spend as much time thinking as he was allowed I could have won it.
  5. USA
    Moves
    09 Aug '07 23:54

PS:
    I played a Im in a timed simul. I lost because I got into time trouble (well, he had 3 minutes and I had 5). We went over the game afterwards, and there were 3 lines that led to a draw and 1 that led through a win(for him). Interestingly enough, it was a K and 2 knights vs. K and pawn. The two knights would checkmate because the pawn prevented me from stalemating.
  6. Standard memberchessisvanity
    THE BISHOP GOD
    Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Aug '07 00:14
    when you go to the simul play black......the GM's and IM's that go to simuls always have to play black......you're going to lose anyway so give him some variety and play black.

i always do.
  7. Joined
    19 Jun '06
    Moves
    10 Aug '07 00:371 edit
    In most simuls, the person giving the simul takes white on all the boards. A few people allow the players to choose the color.

P.S. If you want his autograph, get him to sign your score card! 🙂
  8. Standard memberchessisvanity
    THE BISHOP GOD
    Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Aug '07 00:40
    really? wow...whenever i go...its players choice.
  9. Domincan Republic
    Moves
    10 Aug '07 13:00
    http://www.iacye.com/asociados/hechiceros/site/colab/nelson.html

How can I find his ELO.

His name is Nelson Pinal Borges, from Cuba.
  10. Joined
    19 Jun '06
    Moves
    10 Aug '07 13:231 edit
    http://www.iacye.com/asociados/hechiceros/site/colab/nelson.html

How can I find his ELO.

His name is Nelson Pinal Borges, from Cuba.
    You can search the FIDE ratings. Strangely, I tried and didn't find his name in the rating list.

http://www.fide.com/ratings/advseek.phtml

His info seems to say that he lives in the Dominican Republic now, but I tried both Cuba and DOM, and I couldn't find him. (Actually, I tried all countries, and I still couldn't find him.)
  11. Domincan Republic
    Moves
    10 Aug '07 16:522 edits
    I found him, http://www.fide.com/ratings/card.phtml?event=3500594

But he seems to have no rating, can this happen if somebody stops playing in oficial tournaments.

In his resume I could see he was IM in 1981(a lot of time)

I could also find some of his games in CM database, he toped at elo 2405

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree