1. New Braunfels, Texas
    Moves
    13 Sep '07 00:08
    I just got my first skull on the "my games" list; he hasn't moved in over a week. I've sent him a couple of messages, but no reply. (Perhaps a language barrier; he's in Afganistan). Two questions:

1. When you click "send reminder", is it sent in his language?
    2. Is there any other option besides clicking the skull or letting the game just sit there?

Thanks,
    Steve
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Sep '07 00:10
    Originally posted by MontyMoose
    I just got my first skull on the "my games" list; he hasn't moved in over a week. I've sent him a couple of messages, but no reply. (Perhaps a language barrier; he's in Afganistan). Two questions:

2. Is there any other option besides clicking the skull or letting the game just sit there?

Thanks,
    Steve
    1. When you see a message from RHP you can figure out what it means pretty quickly, not too many options.
    2. Who cares? It's chess, take the timeout.
  3. Standard memberchessisvanity
    THE BISHOP GOD
    Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Sep '07 00:15
    I COLLECT SKULLS.
  4. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    13 Sep '07 00:16
    I agree. He hasn't moved in a full week and knows the rules. Skull him 🙂
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Sep '07 00:17
    Originally posted by chessisvanity
    I COLLECT SKULLS.
    yah if it wasn't for the free points your bruins would have finished with none.
  6. Standard memberchessisvanity
    THE BISHOP GOD
    Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Sep '07 00:30
  7. Joined
    26 Jun '06
    Moves
    13 Sep '07 02:49

Thanks,
    Steve
    so basically steve if youve been here a while its just part of the game, i take the skull the very second i see it.. dont even look at the name or game....

in a nutshell skulling is fine, and welcome to the site! 🙂
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Sep '07 02:52
    Originally posted by jvanhine
    so basically steve if youve been here a while its just part of the game, i take the skull the very second i see it.. dont even look at the name or game....

in a nutshell skulling is fine, and welcome to the site! 🙂
    agreed.. and don't worry about 'artificial rating inflation'.... you'll be skulled a few times yourself anyways.
  9. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    13 Sep '07 06:46
    (1) No it is not. But I think he knows English enough to unerstand it. He understodd enough to complete the registration for membership, didn't he? He understands allright, but he perhaps didn't read it.

(2) No, there is no other way to terminate the game besides skull him, wait until he does hsis move, or let it stay there forever.

The Afgan you're playing with hasn't made any move in a weeks time so perhaps he has quit the site altogether.

Maybe the Afgan is not an Afgan at all, but uses the flag to show his location only. Perhaps he's a soldier in a battle in progress, with limited access to an internet connection...?

My advice - skull him out.

There is no immoral about this. Time is a part of chess. Keeping times is as important as keeping material. When you play at the board, you always keep an eye at the chess clock. Same here. Take the win.
  10. Standard memberbuffalobill
    Major Bone
    On yer tail ...
    Moves
    13 Sep '07 07:35
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    There is no immoral about this. Time is a part of chess. Keeping times is as important as keeping material. When you play at the board, you always keep an eye at the chess clock. Same here. Take the win.
    Plus, he's occupying one of your game slots. Take it and move on.
  11. New Braunfels, Texas
    Moves
    13 Sep '07 11:35
    from FabianFnas: >
    Maybe the Afgan is not an Afgan at all, but uses the flag to show his location only. Perhaps he's a soldier in a battle in progress, with limited access to an internet connection...? <

Yeah, that's my problem I guess. I had the exact same thought. My son goes into the Navy this November. I think I'll let it sit there for awhile.

Best,
    Steve
  12. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    13 Sep '07 11:49
    Yeah, that's my problem I guess. I had the exact same thought. My son goes into the Navy this November. I think I'll let it sit there for awhile.
    Do whatever you feel is right. It's a friendly game and you're a sub, so no harm in not taking the skull.

Some people are more interested in the win than in playing chess. Nothing at all wrong with that, but in the end of the day, it's your choice.

D
  13. Joined
    03 Mar '06
    Moves
    13 Sep '07 12:01
    Can you disable move reminders? Or you have to get spammed in your email? I dont recieve move reminders from my opponents and i dont move in years maybe they dont like to spam the email. Because i know that some people dont like spam in their email.

- LoLLe
  14. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    13 Sep '07 12:05
    Originally posted by Lolette
    Can you disable move reminders? Or you have to get spammed in your email? I dont recieve move reminders from my opponents and i dont move in years maybe they dont like to spam the email. Because i know that some people dont like spam in their email.

- LoLLe
    "My settings" -> "Email Settings" -> "Enable move reminders from opponent"
  15. Standard memberWhiteknuckle
    High Priest–Low Cult
    Sudan, TX USA
    Moves
    13 Sep '07 16:11
    Perhaps he is out harvesting poppies.
    whtnukle😀

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree