1. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    03 Sep '07 15:16
    Originally posted by Tyrannosauruschex
    Why is it that when I write something, people dont see what I am saying but what they want to hear me saying.

I was most interested in finding out what the slowest game ever played was?
    I think people probably have no idea so they go off on tangents. I know with regular CC games(over snail mail) games can last over a year.

Even on this site if you have 21/21 games it would not be hard for a game to go for two years even.

I will try and look up my longest game later though.
  2. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    03 Sep '07 15:23
    Why is it that when I write something, people dont see what I am saying but what they want to hear me saying.

My longest (still continuing) is Game 3897778

Started 10th May 2007 so 117 days so far.
  3. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    03 Sep '07 15:54

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

4. Joined
    13 Feb '04
    Moves
    03 Sep '07 15:57

Have you heard the story of the old ram?

http://xroads.virginia.edu/~HYPER/HNS/Swhumor/twainram.html
  5. Subscriberinvigorate
    Only 1 F in Uckfield
    Buxted UK
    Moves
    03 Sep '07 16:15
    My longest was against cyberchess. He took two weeks to make every move despite moving daily on the site.

Game Started Sept 06 finished in June 07. Result was clear in about November but he dragged it out for 7 months. Every other game in the round finished before Christmas.
  6. Porthmadog
    Moves
    03 Sep '07 16:16
    This game has been going on for a few years I think.

Game 1204260
  7. I pity the fool!
    Moves
    03 Sep '07 16:39
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Yeah but you were massively under rated when I did it, there is no point losing to someone you know is 1900+ strength when they are rated 1600 and on their way up - it doesnt look so good on ones profile.
  8. I pity the fool!
    Moves
    03 Sep '07 16:58
    Originally posted by Ari Brenin Cymru
    This game has been going on for a few years I think.

Game 1204260
    Good find there Ari, I knew I could count on a clan mate to do something right.
  9. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    03 Sep '07 17:32

10. I pity the fool!
    Moves
    03 Sep '07 19:04
    Oh, I thought I took a little longer then normal before I resigned in that last dragon game when you had that nice combination.
  11. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    03 Sep '07 19:11

12. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    03 Sep '07 20:151 edit
    I know sometimes people have genuine reasons for moving slowly as not everyone can be hooked to the internet at all times.
    However, there are some who stretch my patience too, moving so painfully slowly in the hope that they will see the next ice age before their game finishes.

So this is my question to you- the people of red hot pawn- what is the slowest game you have ever seen played?
    I move quite fast so this game going on 14 months so far is all down to my opponent taking 21 days for every move. It is the last game by far in this round of the tournament.

I won't die, I won't leave the site. I will stay until I have finished this game then I will resign all my round 2 games before it happens again.

Game 2292449
  13. I pity the fool!
    Moves
    03 Sep '07 20:21
    Originally posted by Dragon Fire
    I move quite fast so this game going on 14 months so far is all down to my opponent taking 21 days for every move. It is the last game by far in this round of the tournament.

I won't die, I won't leave the site. I will stay until I have finished this game then I will resign all my round 2 games before it happens again.

Game 2292449
    That is pretty bad luck to be stuck against someone like that in a long haul - I bet he will be able to get it past move 50 with sensible holding play as well.
  14. London
    Moves
    03 Sep '07 20:21

Communication is the responsibility of the communicator...if you had just asked the question and not entered into discussion of the topic yourself, then you would probably have had more specific replies.
  15. London
    Moves
    03 Sep '07 20:26
    Originally posted by Dragon Fire

Game 2292449
    It's not surprising he/she is having trouble finding time to make moves with all this going on:

About gabinchance
    I'm an MIT graduate. Who is currently trying to find the perfect mathematical pattern in Chinese professional Ping Pong. I like Giraffes.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree