1. Standard memberflexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    Chesstralia
    Moves
    08 Oct '06 04:224 edits
    Originally posted by Spacetime
    I have to confess, I don't really know what a Socratic Seminar is...
    i see it as:

socrates was self sacrificial when posing extremely awkward questions and statements ... prepared to die by poison instead of retracting awkward questions and answers.

and so this thread seems to ask for outbursts not supported by convention, where the outburster will be executed.(although i suspect the original poster was not aware of the extremity of the socratic claim)
  2. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    21 Oct '07 23:22
    Originally posted by flexmore
    i see it as:

socrates was self sacrificial when posing extremely awkward questions and statements ... prepared to die by poison instead of retracting awkward questions and answers.

and so this thread seems to ask for outbursts not supported by convention, where the outburster will be executed.(although i suspect the original poster was not aware of the extremity of the socratic claim)
    bump
  3. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    21 Oct '07 23:38
    Originally posted by whirlpool
    ¿que?

It was meant as a real thought. The difference is subtle and really presents itself in games of higher rated players.

"I don't give a #?!!* what you think" Then why did you start the thread?

Why be rude? I was just trying to contribute.
    Sorry I was in a bad mood but that doesn't give me the right to be a git.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree